Overall rating and opinion of "Timewise" By Robert Leet

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
aodonnell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aodonnell.html
Latest Review: Cristos Rising by B.T. Findley

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Timewise" By Robert Leet

Post by aodonnell »

Daisy Deeh wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 13:21 i rate the book 2 stars,i didn't enjoy the science stuff all over,it was way too much , and then Regina,the main character lacked a proper background.
I also rated this book 2 stars. Regina's character I think was underdeveloped, yet the author hinted throughout the book that she had such an interesting background. I think her encounters with the FBI could have gone a long way in bringing the book to life, as it's much more exciting than the vague science and experiments. I think the author has the pieces to make a great story, but just needs to put them together a little differently.
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. Although I had fun with the overwhelming physics details, I felt there was more room for character and story development.
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

I personally liked this book because I like science. I gave it a 3 out of 4 stars, though because I felt there wasn't much of a story. The author seemed to have created characters purely for the purpose of discussing science. They and the story weren't very interesting. I would recommend it to fellow science lovers, though.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
Excel 2021
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-2021.html
Latest Review: Trauma by Cynthia Fridsma

Post by Excel 2021 »

Many may not understand the theories since it's a physics concept, but I love it. Although author should have simplified them for his none science inclined audience . Regardless, I still enjoyed the plot. I also thought Ron was a unique character.
Veraok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 307
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veraok.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Veraok »

The book was it a captivating one at the wrong languages used in the wasn't a welcoming one at all and the too much physics in the me not to enjoy the book. I rate the book 2 out of 4 stars
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

I really enjoyed reading the book as it brings alot of details to the story line but I had issues with some of its characters as they lack detail background. A three star for me though
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

Excel 2021 wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 12:29 Many may not understand the theories since it's a physics concept, but I love it. Although author should have simplified them for his none science inclined audience . Regardless, I still enjoyed the plot. I also thought Ron was a unique character.
I agree perfectly with this. A writer should always consider other people who ain't verse in the writers area of expertise and make it simple to understand and still keeping the flow and idea
Barkha95
Favorite Book: Throne of Glass
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barkha95.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Barkha95 »

I would give it 3 stars.
This book, completely intrigued me from the start. It had poker, chess, a boy who played chess, and a boy who was somehow entangled in a few very meaningless relationships that somehow involve math. I myself am a Chemistry, and Mathematics major at university, so this was right up my alley. Unfortunately I was a bit underwhelmed by the lack of passion the characters never seemed to develop. I never really felt connected to any of the characters, nor did I see them in my mind. The lackluster descriptions of the characters and weak character development left me wanting.

There were some excellent moments where I was on the edge of my seat, which held me just enough to keep me reading, but in the end, the climax! was hoping for never happened. The answers I wanted from the beginning weren't what I had expected them to be, and that was more of a let down than a nice surprise. Actually now that I think of it there are lots of questions unanswered.
ReaderAisha2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readeraisha2020.html
Latest Review: Your Adventurous Life Awaits by Maryann Remsberg and Brian Remsberg

Post by ReaderAisha2020 »

I rated the book 3 out of 4 stars, I liked the story and it was interesting that the writer interwove physics into the story, but I did not like all the failed relationships in the story and that there seemed to be nothing permanent. I was confused about who Regina was as well..was she just a friend?
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

My rating was 3 out of 4. I liked the story and strong female characters. The ending is very logical, in my opinion. But the long lectures on quantum physics were too much for me. I don't have even a basic knowledge in this field at least to understand what so revolutionary and shocking is in Regina Russo's approach. But it's a great read to those who are keen on the subject.
Kyhm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyhm.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kyhm »

I gave it three out of four. I liked how each character has their own distinct personality and ability. Additionally, the ideas are interesting enough and challenging at the same time. If the technical terms could be simplified, that would be better in my opinion. I'd recommend it to a friend who's into quantum physics. I'm curious as to how he would feel about the story.
Kyhm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyhm.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kyhm »

I rated it 3 out of 4. It wasn't something that would keep me flipping through the next pages becaus I like it so much but I was entertained by some of the ideas and theories in the story.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.As much as it contains information on quantum physics,it would have done better if it was put out in an interesting manner.Its cumbersome for a reader to enjoy a book if it's done in a manner that a layman wouldn't easily digest.Maybe the book should have been directed to those who are professionals in this physics department
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

I will give this book a 3 rating. Most of the theories and concepts discussed in the story were very captivating.However, I found many grammetical errors which distracted the flow of the story. Besides that, some of the discussions were hard to disgest. However, I have enjoyed the story as I learned quite a lot of scientific concepts like quantum physics..
Dabrielle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dabrielle.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Dabrielle »

I am very far from a student of physics or science in general, so the physics details were a challenge for me. In fact, I found there was too much physics discussion in the book. Nevertheless, the storyline was engaging and Ron was a very likable character. His commitment to his mentor was admirable and their relationship was interesting, to say the least. The unexpected end of the novel was especially emotional for me but I enjoyed it all the same. Once you can overcome the physics lessons, this was a really good book. I gave it a 3 out of 4.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”