Overall rating and opinion of "Timewise" By Robert Leet

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Nicolene75
Favorite Book: Redeeming Love
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicolene75.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Timewise" By Robert Leet

Post by Nicolene75 »

This book was very focussed on theoretical quantum physics rather than practical quantum physics which I would have preferred.

I am a reader, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.
Shahina C A
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shahina-c-a.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Shahina C A »

I give it a 3 out of 4 stars rating. I reduced one star because it wasn't an actual page turner for me as I thought before. I couldn't understand many things that the author tried to convey.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

From what I understand this book is more speculative quantum physics than practical quantum physics...either way, I don’t think my understanding of the topic is enough for me to thoroughly enjoy this book as it is meant to be enjoyed.
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I love the concepts introduced by the writer on quantum physics. The book was intriguing. However, the writer should have used a simpler language to explain the concepts.
duskdawn09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by duskdawn09 »

Two stars, I found the book to be very detailed and such, but it just couldn't hold my attention very well. I did however think that the concept itself was very interesting!
megan25006
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan25006.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by megan25006 »

I am not interested in the study of physics, but feel connected to Ron and wonder what Regina and chess have in store for him.
Ashley Cremer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-cremer.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Ashley Cremer »

Overall, I gave the book 3 out of 4 stars. I felt that the scientific concepts were a bit too much and that made the story seem too far-fetched to me. I still liked Ron and his story so I still enjoyed the novel, but at times it was just hard for me to pay attention and not want to skim through the scientific information.
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

I would give it a 3 out of 4 stars. Although I enjoy science based books, physics is not my friend, and I struggled occasionally to follow that side which hindered my enjoyment a bit. What I really liked were the strong female characters in top scientific positions. I would recommend this to readers who can see past the math to the story within.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

I'll rate it 4 out of 4 stars because the characters were very relatable and the plot is also easy to follow through. Since it explores some physics theories, that was interesting for me.
aodonnell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aodonnell.html
Latest Review: Cristos Rising by B.T. Findley

Post by aodonnell »

I'm currently reading this book, most of the way through, and finding that it's going to be challenging to rate. While I keep turning pages, a lot of it is just not comprehensible to me, and the storyline has felt very disjointed. It's taken more than half the book to even begin to build the tension of the story (and even that has been a small build-up).
That said, I think the author is doing a great job with writing, I would read more by him, depending on the plot.
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars merely because I don't presume it is easy to write a factual fiction novel and it seems the author is quite intelligent in his area of profession. Plus the editing in the book was superb. However, I on the other hand am not familiar with quantum physics and mechanics in such detail, so its safe to say I would skeem through such information.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
duskdawn09
Currently Reading:

Post by duskdawn09 »

I gave this book at three out of four. It was very well written, but I was not able to understand some of the most complex parts of this book. I believe that this would be a joy for anyone that understands the topics to read.
~Dawn :tiphat: ~
duskdawn09
Currently Reading:

Post by duskdawn09 »

This was overall a great book, but I just wish that the author kept in mind that not all of his readers had already learned about these advanced topics. I believe that this book deserves an overall rating of 3/4.
~Dawn :tiphat: ~
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: A Reckoning of Wolves by Judy Higgins

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. It's because I loved how the author managed to balance science and social life of the characters. I loved most the author's sense of humor, and there's nothing I disliked about it. I recommend it to science lovers. There're amazing nuggets to pick from the book
Daisy Deeh
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Daisy Deeh »

i rate the book 2 stars,i didn't enjoy the science stuff all over,it was way too much , and then Regina,the main character lacked a proper background.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”