Overall rating and opinion of "Timewise" By Robert Leet

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
EssyW
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essyw.html
Latest Review: Was Jesus a Liberal or a Conservative? by Dan van der Wolf

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Timewise" By Robert Leet

Post by EssyW »

maiiii_maii wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 19:55 I gave it 3 out of 4 stars. I love how physics is incorporated into the story. However, I think the author should have laid down the scientific aspects of it in a less complex way. Also, Ron having one relationship after the other has also dampened the impact of the story for me. Other than that though, I love the story and I would recommend this to my fellow friends who
Your last point was incomplete, but I also disliked the jumpy nature of Ron from one girl to another. He never seemed to have control of his life; sexual life, school life, even his relationship with Regina was steered by the latter.
EssyW
Currently Reading:

Post by EssyW »

hanam wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 00:06 I gave this book a 3 out of 4 rating. What I liked about the book was that the physics' theories were explained well and you will learn a lot of things about life. You will not get bored by the theories unlike other physics books.
This book is a strong teaching guide for physics scholars and teenagers. Regina mentored Russo from a young age until when she could no longer do so. This, along with some other teachings are relevant for teens, who maybe lost in the system, and have given up in life.
EssyW
Currently Reading:

Post by EssyW »

Chiawa wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 14:05 I love science fiction but this one was way over my head. I would have given it a 4 out if 4 if the terminologies were explained, or a little less.
I enjoyed the inspirational quotes though. It's a 3 out of 4 rate for me. If you don't like SciFi, you might not enjoy this book.
Had Robert Leet explained the meanings of some terminologies at the beginning of this installment, this book would have been recommendable to a broader audience. Teens, sci-fi lovers, and physics scholars/professors would be an ideal read for this great work.
EssyW
Currently Reading:

Post by EssyW »

Kedez wrote: 02 Dec 2020, 04:02 I give this book 3 out 4 rating. People that understand scientific technical terms and love to rack their brains with figures would love it. Even the name of the book raises curiosity, at least you want to know why such book with pages have to do with "time"

However, some terms should have been broken down to help non-scientific connect with the mind of the author. Communication is one vital key especially if you want the world to enjoy the book. But I must doff cap for the author..Is not easy to author a book everyone talks about.
I have to admit that I was compelled to read this book by its title. At first, I thought the book was about reversing and forwarding time, but as the tale progressed, I enjoyed the relationship building, character developments and ultimately the fact that Regina was successful in proving her theory, and creating the time machine.
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

I enjoyed the author's writing style and how realistic the story felt, even though the frequent physics lectures went over my head. I gave this novel a 3 out of 4 stars rating due to the huge amount of information I had to digest at a time and the errors I found throughout the novel. I would not recommend this to readers who enjoy fast-paced action novels. On the other hand, readers who enjoy speculating on different physics topics will have a good time with this one.
FrostBytez
Currently Reading:

Post by FrostBytez »

I'd give it a 3 out of 4. It was interesting and the plot was laid out quite well for my taste, but the ending just shattered my expectations.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

EssyW wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 04:47
valeriejane wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 19:22 I gave it 3 out of 4 stars because of the spelling errors that detract from the quality of the novel. This book is suited for a broader audience, I think it is fiction about science rather than science fiction. I liked how the book describes the challenges original thinkers may experience when they question conventional thinking. Although some of the concepts are complicated, don’t let the science dissuade you from reading this book. I suggest you go with the flow and allow the story to unfold.
~ Valerie
Some chapters resonated with me, especially those that Ron discussed about his failures and lack of interest in school and life. There were a few spelling errors, I concur. However, they did not detract my enjoyment of the book.
Misplaced commas rarely bother me. I have my own struggles with pesky commas. However spelling is a different matter. Especially because this is an intelligent book.
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

I would give this a 2 star rating. I quite liked the book but I felt the author could have broken down some of the more technical or more scientific aspects for easy understanding by the audience. There were a lot of things I wish I could understand but I couldn't. It was overall a nice read.
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

lavkathleen wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 00:07 I gave it a 2 out of 4 rating. I loved the scientific aspects of it, but I wish I understood it more. I think the author could widen his audience by explaining it better, maybe with less technical terms. I'd recommend this to my friends who are knowledgeable about physics. I think they'd appreciate the way the author puts the works of prominent physicists in a new light, and shows the possibilities of time travel.
Same here! I couldn't understand some parts of it and it was a bit frustrating to be honest. It was a nice read, just a bit too technical for my liking.
WWFrank
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wwfrank.html

Post by WWFrank »

I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars. I noticed a few borderline errors that did not take the context out of anything. I liked the fact that it had bits of educational and motivational content while sticking to the storyline. Educational in the sense of speculative science, quantum physics, and a peek at the business world. Motivational since our character never gave up and always had a point of focus that kept him going.
Pessimists cannot be disappointed.  Optimists cannot be pleasantly surprised.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

The book is quite an informative read and what I enjoyed most is the conversations between Regina and Ron and their discussions on Physics. I'm certain other Physics enthusiasts will enjoy this book, and I'll gladly recommend it to them.
JulietBlack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietblack.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by JulietBlack »

The plot and themes explored in the book is quite spectacular. I love this about the book. One thing I dislike about this book is the jargon and physics. A reader without a prior knowledge of physics will find it difficult to understand the book. I rate it 3 out 4 stars.
Noelle770
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noelle770.html
Latest Review: The Tattered Black Book by Lexy Duck

Post by Noelle770 »

I rate this one 4 out of 4 stars. I found the scientific theories to be extremely interesting. They were a bit dense to get through at times, but they gave me something to think about. I feel as though Ron and Regina's dynamic was also interesting. The way Ron went from not appreciating her ideas to actively wanting to hear them was cool.
Reitumetse_R
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reitumetse-r.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Reitumetse_R »

It is my current read but I feel I will rate it 3 out of 4. I am enjoying the physics in it but also wish it could have been put in a better way than in lecture halls.
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html

Post by Goral »

I would give Timewise a rating of 3 out of 4 stars..I did enjoy the book, but some of the physics topics were beyond my understanding
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”