Overall rating and opinion of "Timewise" By Robert Leet

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
shivani negi25477
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivani-negi25477.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Timewise" By Robert Leet

Post by shivani negi25477 »

Timewise is interesting science fiction, but good for those who have some knowledge about quantum physics. I gave it a rating of 3 out of 4 because some of it was difficult to understand.
FaithMO19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmo19.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by FaithMO19 »

I've just started reading the book and I absolutely love it. I've observed some errors and that would definitely affect my rating and overall opinion of it. I absolutely enjoy the conversations between Ron and Regina and also between Ron and Cheryl. I like that the author does well to break down the quantum physics discussions so that one doesn't require special knowledge about this topic to understand and appreciate the discussions.
Swirliegirlie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swirliegirlie.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Swirliegirlie »

I gave this book a 3 out of 4 rating. I found the story and concepts mentioned very interesting but myself could not follow all of the science explained well. Some ideas are easier than others to understand and maybe someone who has a background in physics would be able to follow the ideas a bit better. Overall i found it a very intriguing story and loved how much it made me think outside my normal ideas and way of thinking. I highly recommend this book!
Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pearl Akpan »

I’m so off when it comes to science and so the quantum physics topics were a bit overboard for me. In fact I couldn’t catch a grasp and a big downer for me.

Also the language employed in this book was a bit vulgar for me and the sex scenes put me off as well.

I gave this book a 2 out of 4 stars rating.
V-20
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-20.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by V-20 »

I would like to commend the author, Mr. Robert Leet, for his impressive work in this book. Others may find the book boring since it was like reviewing for your physics subject. But overall, I rated it 4 out of 4 stars.
Stay safe! Sending hugs
x Val
Kishor Rao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kishor-rao.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Kishor Rao »

I liked it very much despite its complex physics lectures which became hard for me. I gave it 2 out of 4 stars in my review. I would recommend it to students of physics and science as I think they would enjoy this story more
professionalreviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by professionalreviews »

The science behind it though semi fictional would get rather complex and confusing. But the great story and mentor-lover dynamic between the characters made up for it. It was a very enjoyable book.
professionalreviews
Currently Reading:

Post by professionalreviews »

I agree scientific aspect was challenging but I actually LOVED that about the book. I'm reading more about time-space theory and this stretched me. The book is highly intelligent and the sci-fi/thriller aspect of it is classically done. This could easily be adapted into a movie or hit TV show like 'Dark'!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I give this book a 3. The scientific portions of the book are discouraging for readers who don't understand all the topics the author is describing. I did like the buildup about Regina's theories and when the book finally did get to time travel.
Sararob06
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sararob06.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Sararob06 »

I gave it 2 out of 4 stars. I found some parts difficult to understand and get through, although there were some parts that Regina broke down especially well overall it was heavy on physics theory. It was a fun read at parts but I wasn't as captivated by it as I'd hoped to be. I'd recommend this book to friends who are interested in this kind of theory but I wouldn't recommend it off hand.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

I enjoyed reading this book. The plot development was smooth enough to keep me gripped into the narrative. I would definitely recommend it to all readers who have love sci-fi works.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pearl Akpan »

Another angle, I absolutely love Ron’s story in this book as well as his relationship with Regina. This is not one of those books that leans it’s plot towards the deficiencies of growing up in foster homes. The plot is very ingenious and more diverse than that. I rated this book 2 out of 4 stars nevertheless, because of its rather undesirable focus on exploring quantum physics in the book. That part was such a bore to read.
hanam
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanam.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by hanam »

I gave this book a 3 out of 4 rating. What I liked about the book was that the physics' theories were explained well and you will learn a lot of things about life. You will not get bored by the theories unlike other physics books.
Chiawa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiawa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chiawa »

I love science fiction but this one was way over my head. I would have given it a 4 out if 4 if the terminologies were explained, or a little less.
I enjoyed the inspirational quotes though. It's a 3 out of 4 rate for me. If you don't like SciFi, you might not enjoy this book.
Kedez
Currently Reading:

Post by Kedez »

I give this book 3 out 4 rating. People that understand scientific technical terms and love to rack their brains with figures would love it. Even the name of the book raises curiosity, at least you want to know why such book with pages have to do with "time"

However, some terms should have been broken down to help non-scientific connect with the mind of the author. Communication is one vital key especially if you want the world to enjoy the book. But I must doff cap for the author..Is not easy to author a book everyone talks about.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”