Where do we go from Here?

Discuss We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind.
Folcro
Bookshelf Size: 0

Where do we go from Here?

Post by Folcro »

The seventh book of the series, entitled We are Voulhire: The Existential Superpowers is still a few months out. Since The Flesh of the Mind is currently the last book, what are your thoughts on the way it ended, and what do you project is in store for the continuation of the series?
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Let's see. After book #6, Meldorath has achieved his dream of Caromentis, so it's less likely he will return unless there is some event that forces him to go back (something that involves Alabaster or Julia, for example).

Galen's back, but with the trio's bad luck, there is a chance that Cridaea is the next to suffer from an attack. Folcro is in Ballerhal right now, so if Demetrius talks with Angela, she will most likely update him on that. Most cities and towns in Voulhire's Southeast area have either fallen or experienced a dreadful assault, so the story may shift to Ballerhal and Odaiamar soon.

As for the characters' relationships, personally, I don't think Harper is a good match for Galen. I hope Galen will find someone who respects him properly. Beth may be a choice, but she is in Caromentis, so it would be hard for anything to grow between them. Additionally, it looks like there is a spark of romance between Demetrius and Julia, but the relationship between him and Rowan also developed (which I don't mind). And since I've taken a liking to the Velys couple, I hope they will last.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

I have to say that I was a little disappointed with how Galen's sudden return was received. It didn't seem emotional enough considering that he was supposedly dead.
Overall though, I think the story is taking a very interesting turn as we have Meldorath's return, Riva Rohavi on the verge of an awakening like never before, and Folcro dead set on destroying Demetrius through and through.

I think Folcro will definitely target Cridaea considering that Demetrius is settling there for now. As for Meldorath, I don't think he'll try to get his position as Eiodi back, which brings me to consider that he may go for King instead. Javikun doesn't seem to have left Caromentis along with the rest, although I suspect that Caromentis has been fused with the Cosmos already, which means there's no reason for him to leave it. It seems that Nartik and Harper are getting along pretty well, so there will most likely be an alliance between them, an alliance that won't surrender to Meldorath shall he opt for becoming King. Diamora may be susceptible to exposure now that Folcro knows where it is, it may also be another one of his targets in order to experiment with his newfound army before heading towards Yamon Soul.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Folcro collaborating with Riva Rohavi is what I am definitely looking up for. It is about to get interesting.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I don't think that the Emperor will let himself be chasen away so easily. He will definitely be planning a counterattack of some sorts.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Folcro wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 07:01 The seventh book of the series, entitled We are Voulhire: The Existential Superpowers is still a few months out. Since The Flesh of the Mind is currently the last book, what are your thoughts on the way it ended, and what do you project is in store for the continuation of the series?
Interesting to know what the title of the next book will be! I wonder when this sequel will be available as I can't wait to carry on reading about what will happen next.
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Mys_Trea »

I'm excited that there's another book coming. I'd like to see Rowan's character back to its former glory. He was too diminished in The Flesh of The Mind. It will also be great to see more from Galen. I think he has a few more tricks up his sleeve. The Emperor of Lullabies should make a comeback, hopefully with more excitement this time.
Folcro
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Folcro »

Mys_Trea wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 13:19 I'm excited that there's another book coming. I'd like to see Rowan's character back to its former glory. He was too diminished in The Flesh of The Mind. It will also be great to see more from Galen. I think he has a few more tricks up his sleeve. The Emperor of Lullabies should make a comeback, hopefully with more excitement this time.
All three of those things are coming in the next book!
AlphariusRE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alphariusre.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by AlphariusRE »

I feel Maldorath will lose on the time and attention while Folcro will be coming more into focus.

:techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind (Book 6 of 6)”