Lady Angela Velys vs. Harper Renard

Discuss We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Lady Angela Velys vs. Harper Renard

Post by Ellylion »

Lady Angela Velys and High Paladin Harper Renard are both very strong and ambitious. The both know how to fight monsters and protect their people. What are your impressions of these ladies? Who would you rather support, Harper or Lady Angela?
car-mbz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-car-mbz.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by car-mbz »

I support Lady Angela. Eventhough she is just married in Cridaea,and not originally a native, she doesn't allow anyone to intimidate her.
"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader." Margaret Fuller
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

One upvote for Angela. She is the best wife and leader you can ask for. She respects her husband and his family. She is genuinely mindful of the welfare of Cridaea's residents. She is trusted by their higher-ups, but she does not abuse her power or be arrogant. And not to mention, despite having men eyeing her husband, she trusts them fairly and does not try to backstab those slanted guys :D.
cat noir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-noir.html
Latest Review: Frustrating Fascination by Debra Mckenzie

Post by cat noir »

It's Lady Angela for me. She knows what she's doing and is compassionate. Even though Harper Renard is extremely daring and bold, something about her did not appeal to me. Maybe it was the way she treated the boy in her attempts to forget about Galen. Or the fact that she came across to me as a bit greedy. Anyway, Lady Angela has it all. She is someone who is looked up to and respected.
KipMilly3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kipmilly3.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by KipMilly3 »

I support Lady Angela. She is selfless. Unlike Harper, she considers her victory as the victory of her people. I support her too because she is principled. She does not treat people with partiality. Angela gives everyone the opportunity to offer their support. I am pleased with how this lady submits to her husband despite being a heroine.
Abi_kanda
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Abi_kanda »

I am not sure about this. At first, I really admired Lady Angela. She was not easily intimidated and everytime I'd read her part I would be like "you go girl". Then I got to see Harper's side and I was honestly surprised. I guess I just can't choose between the two.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Abi_kanda wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 05:43 I am not sure about this. At first, I really admired Lady Angela. She was not easily intimidated and everytime I'd read her part I would be like "you go girl". Then I got to see Harper's side and I was honestly surprised. I guess I just can't choose between the two.
I agree.
They each have their appeal and strengths and I can't seem to be able to choose between the two.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Abi_kanda
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Abi_kanda »

zainherb wrote: 11 Nov 2020, 04:48
Abi_kanda wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 05:43 I am not sure about this. At first, I really admired Lady Angela. She was not easily intimidated and everytime I'd read her part I would be like "you go girl". Then I got to see Harper's side and I was honestly surprised. I guess I just can't choose between the two.

I agree.
They each have their appeal and strengths and I can't seem to be able to choose between the two.
I know right!
GianKosi77
Favorite Author: M. Curtis McCoy
Currently Reading: Divided World
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giankosi77.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 197138

Post by GianKosi77 »

I admire and support Lady Angela Velys. As a woman, her character has taught life principles especially how to treat your husband. Angela's free spirit makes her stronger than all other ladies. The author has really brought out the best of her.
And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

Definitely Lady Angela! She's definitely courageous and at the forefront of the battles. She went to Ballerhal and dealt with the nighty night. She's an excellent strategist and has the ear of the consiglio. To top it all off, she managed to get get married to a hunk - one Lord Adrian Velys.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

So far, I think Angela is more praiseworthy because her ambitions align with the well-being of her city and her people. Renard though is still ambiguous, and until we know why she wanted Siden dead, her character will remain in the grey (meaning I can't decide whether she's a good or bad character).
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Mys_Trea »

Lady Angela takes my vote. Her intentions are clearly good. She has her people's interests at heart, so much so that she willingly risks her own life to ensure their wellbeing. She doesn't seem to be motivated by power or greed, and commands respect, as opposed to demanding it. I'd still like her even if she wasn't married to a hunk.
AlphariusRE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alphariusre.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by AlphariusRE »

In the book#6 of this series, Lady Angela's compassion and care for the well being of the inhabitants is what sets her apart. It's a boyish notion, but I always find archers to be ultra cool! Countless hours of Skyrim and Might & Magic V played a huge part in that.

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind (Book 6 of 6)”