Overall rating and opinion of "We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind" (Book 6 of 6) by Matthew Tysz

Discuss We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind" (Book 6 of 6) by Matthew Tysz

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind (Book 6 of 6) by Matthew Tysz.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.

* You need to read the book to comment.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

My last review was on this book and I'm actually sad that the author hasn't completed the entire series yet. I'm happy that the book didn't end with a cliffhanger. I liked the faceoff between Meldorath and Javikun. This is a must read for all the thriller fanatics out there.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I gave this book absolutely deserved 4 out of 4 stars. The travel to Caromentis was breathtaking. Really thankful to the author for all the explanations, and finally my beloved Beth plays a larger role! :) Lady Angela is another one amazing character. To all who loves character-driven adventurous fantasy sagas.
pablo10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo10.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by pablo10 »

I would give it 3 out of 4 stars. Except for some grammatical errors, the book is very well written. I am curious as to where Tysz takes the story now, especially Meldorath's arc.
Wuoketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wuoketch.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wuoketch »

I rated this book actually 4 out of 4 stars. This is the first book in the series that had strong female characters and I loved it.
Chiawa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiawa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chiawa »

Finally the female characters waxed stronger in this book. I have been waiting for it especially Beth. It deserves a 4 out 4 rate.
Worship peer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Worship peer »

I love Tysz's style of writing,the way he slowly but surely unfolds scenes in this series.
Finally the females are given strong roles to play.The likes of Beth and lady Angela have very crucial roles to play.
I am eagerly waiting for the next series,am actually curious about a number of things like how the part of Meldorath's arc will unfold.
I would rate this book a 4out 4 stars.For those out there who would like to start reading adventures stories based on fantasy,then i would advise that you start with this book and you will not regret it.
Abi_kanda
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Abi_kanda »

What I liked most in this book was how Lady Velys was brave and selfless, the n Rowan and his charm. I did not get the ending I had been anticipating though as I was expecting something huge maybe. It was a great read though, and for mystery lovers, this is your book.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

Definitely deserved a full rating. I love the vivid explanation if caromentis which is a world built from the minds of great leaders of Voulhire. I believe this is where the name ”flesh of the mind” was coined from. Also, I'm highly impressed with Tysz writing style.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
MichelleMuchiri
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michellemuchiri.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by MichelleMuchiri »

I would like to advise those planning to read this book to have a background of the other series. This is because it will make it easier for you, as the reader, to understand who the characters are and what led to the current state of events. Despite this, I unreservedly rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I commend the author for creating a lasting effect on my mind by depicting the world of science and magic and how they relate to each other and with human beings. How could I forget the humor? Matthew Tysz brought out the humor in difficult situations which was extremely refreshing.
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

The world Galen has to conquer to survive can be likened to the exact state of the world right now: an embodiment of intellect, imagination, and insecurity. This is just about the right book for any one to read to at least live off fantasy and try to survive the current earth.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

I loved that there were strong female characters in this book unlike before.
I also loved the description of Caromentis.

I loved the cliffhanger the book ended with, now we know Hans wants to use the Riva to cause more havoc as is his wont. I suppose we'll see how that goes in the next book. I do wish the series wasn't divided into so many books like this.

I didn't like that the book started off slow and nothing much happened until well into the book which is why I gave this book 3 out of 4 stars.

All in all, a great read.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

Ellylion wrote: 12 Oct 2020, 05:53 I gave this book absolutely deserved 4 out of 4 stars. The travel to Caromentis was breathtaking. Really thankful to the author for all the explanations, and finally my beloved Beth plays a larger role! :) Lady Angela is another one amazing character. To all who loves character-driven adventurous fantasy sagas.
I couldn't agree more. At first I wasn't sure that the author was going to keep the level so high. Fortunately, I was completely mistaken. :techie-reference: :techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown:
Kwesi Frimpong
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwesi-frimpong.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Kwesi Frimpong »

My last review was on this book. I love Matthew Tysz's still of writing. It was an amazing book and I am looking forward to reading the other books in this series.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I just finished reading the book and I can scream that I absolutely love it. It is my favourite in the series after the first one, A New Arrival Under The Great Skies. I loved how the subplots made the the perfect build-up for a big conflict and how the character switch was logical and coherent.

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind (Book 6 of 6)”