Official Review: Three Friends.. The Perfect Stereotype

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Official Review: Three Friends.. The Perfect Stereotype

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Three Friends.. The Perfect Stereotype" by Anthony S.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Three Friends.. The Perfect Stereotype by Anthony S. is about a group of three men who have a strong friendship with one another. Each of these men is from different backgrounds, but their bond with one another is built upon years of experiencing the difficulties of life together.

The story starts off by describing the setting of the town followed by descriptions of the three main characters: Bobby, Tony, and Joey. The rest of the book goes on to describe the growth of friendship between the three starting from the time they met in elementary school. As they grow older, their bond with each other grows stronger. They go through heartbreaks and hardships like when Bobby lost his parents in a plane accident. During one incident, a bully tried to beat up Joey, but Bobby and Tony were there to help him out. While they do encounter some difficulties in figuring out their place in life, the always manage to be there for each other. One day, they found time out of their busy schedules to meet up and catch up on each other lives. However, after a couple of beers, their night takes a very dark turn. These three men would do anything for each other, but at what cost?

Since this book is listed as C/T/M/H, I expected a lot more of a thrill than what I got out of it. The climax didn’t come until more than half of the book was over. While the first part of the book described the setting and characters well, the ending felt too rushed. I feel like the author should have elaborated more on the details at the end of the book.

Furthermore, I think the best part about this book was the author’s way of building the friendship of the three men by describing how past events helped shaped them into respectable adults. The author spends a good portion of the book describing what high school was like for the men and how life after high school helped shape their characters. After some heartbreaks, they each find the love of their life and everything seems to be going right for them until that fateful night.

Overall, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. While the description of the characters and the progression of their lives from when they were little to when they were adults was interesting to read, the ending felt rushed. Also, I found a few grammatical errors, but they did not detract from the book. I would recommend this book to those who like to read about friendship and loyalty.

Three Friends.. The Perfect Stereotype
View: on Bookshelves

Like ZenaLei7's review? Post a comment saying so!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Darlynn_Tebogo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlynn-tebogo.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Darlynn_Tebogo »

Sounds like a book with a clean,simple story line. We don't get much of these nowadays. I am very much interested in finding out what the plot twist is about. Great review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This book seems more about the relationships between the characters than any kind of C/T/M/H. It almost seems like it's in the wrong genre. I don't think I'd be interested in a book like this at the moment, but I appreciate your review. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

The review of the book lead me to initially suspect a lack of any climactic issue outside of everyday life. It sounds as if the author has a good start on something that may be better with some tweaking.
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

I like books with good character development. However, it seemed rush. I'll pass on this book. Thanks for the review
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Willy 1 »

I love books with stories about friendship. Reading the review, am interested in knowing what happened at the end of that night though. Good review.
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

I'm definitely interested to know what the climax was. It sounds like it could have been an interesting story. Too bad it was so rushed at the end!
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Sounds like the author takes the time to establish the relationship between the three friends before injecting an interesting twist into the story. The ending is a letdown, though. Thanks for your interesting review. I'm still debating about this one.
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

The book sounds simple and interesting, but i feel like the author should have just stuck with that rather than complicate it in the end. i think the main lesson in this book is that people from different works of life can be friends, we as a society just has to be more open to the idea. Great review.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

The book doesn't sound like it is for me, therefore, I'll pass. Thanks for the review.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”