Review by ChristeenaP -- The Easter Make Believers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
ChristeenaP
2019 Reading Goal: 36
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christeenap.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Review by ChristeenaP -- The Easter Make Believers

Post by ChristeenaP » 31 Dec 2018, 03:47

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Easter Make Believers" by Finn Bell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell is a story about two officers on a mission to find a carpenter from Lawrence who went missing just before Easter. Throughout the case, these two men find that nothing is what it seems. They follow many dead-end leads. In this story, many questions seem like they will never get answered. Nick and Tobe even get to the point where they almost give up, believing that they already lost.

Through many twists and turns, Nick and Tobe begin to uncover leads that may actually help them find the carpenter and his kidnapper. Nick and Tobe work together, risking their health and safety, to try and bring this case to a close. They discover a lot of information about the small town, Lawrence, that they never knew before. Although many people are eager to help, it seems like everything is against them and time is not on their side. They must survive Mother Nature and the wild if they are going to bring this case to a close, and it needs to be done quickly!

I really enjoyed the surprises in this book. My favorite part was the last third of the book. Things really sped up and I just couldn’t put it down. It seemed like Nick and Tobe understood what was going on and like they may get somewhere. However, the story continues to keep the reader guessing! It is not clear what happened or why it occurred until the end. The only thing I disliked about this story was the fact that it never explained why Sylvie did what she did.

I give The Easter Make Believers 4 out of 4 stars. This story was extraordinarily well edited. I did not find any spelling or grammar errors. There were many British spellings. However, they were consistent throughout the entire book. Another reason why I gave this story 4 stars is because I really admired how Finn Bell provided background detail without straying from the storyline. Some of the chapters are not told from Nick’s point-of-view, however, the story flows in chronological order to ensure that the reader does not get lost.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy mystery, crime, and action. I would not recommend it to readers who are looking for romance or science-fiction. It does tell about Nick’s relationship with Maria, however, it does not get too in-depth. Also, this story does not involve any science-fiction aspects. It is a well-paced story that catches your attention from the beginning. Many readers will enjoy following Nick and Tobe through the mysteries of this case!

The Easter Make Believers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ChristeenaP's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”