Review by Dayanda -- The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Dayanda
Favorite Book: Things Fall Apart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayanda.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Review by Dayanda -- The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell

Post by Dayanda » 07 Dec 2018, 13:08

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Easter Make Believers" by Finn Bell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Easter Make Believers is a Crime/Suspense thrilling fiction story (though captivating to extent i opined it should have been non-fictional).

Tobe and Nick(working for GIC) been dispatch to a small peaceful town,Lawrence known due to the Gold rush it had, what could be so wrong in this town at this time of the night(3:30am). The flickers of blue light converging at the quaint background of an ordinary house, unaware that in seconds away what would unfold in-front of them is cascade encircling most prominent gangs in town “Manga Kahu gang”. All possible options weighed for WHY each leading to a new and unending critical question. The investigation and search party endure with hope of safe heaven, while the kidnapper and kidnapped rover to the Waipori fall.

The story is epic cause it shed light into different assumed belief of parenting, A crime done for the love of your kid and the feeling to right what is wrong. It also look at the different effect of not giving a kid required love or of being selfish.

This is one of the best story i have read.The author,Finn Bell, made good use of 1st and 3rd person pronoun which make it feels like the reader is the one relating the story, He also describe the characters so well you feel they are present in your consciousness.I will render it a4 out of 4 star.If asked, would surely refer this book to an idealist, and someone driven by crime, or parent that thought they have lost it and need guidance.

The author's ability to reference every idea is astounding and it make the story more comprehensible.With all the different scope the autor was able to insert in the book the most astonishing which scrap the reader for expectation is the love play"Hard to Get".

The slump to me is the Title of the story, doesn't really capture the theme of the story.Seems the story subtly diverted to an aspect of Parenting, Maybe the author knows but that isn't his main theme.Would have opted for a title conjoining the story with parent like"Love of kid'. Though may not be suitable but try looking from my angle.

Kudos to Finn Bell on this, A breakthrough this is to me in the genre of crime. He is unique and quite fascinating in his unveiling process.

________________********___________

The Easter Make Believers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dayanda's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”