Review by Melchi Asuma -- The Easter Make Believers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Melchi Asuma
2018 Reading Goal: 1000
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 4
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Sean T. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by Melchi Asuma -- The Easter Make Believers

Post by Melchi Asuma » 21 Nov 2018, 00:18

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Easter Make Believers" by Finn Bell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How could this be possible? No way. A dad is a kidnapped in full vision of over a dozen police officers. To make it even harder, the police officers had completely surrounded the house. And yet, somehow, the abduction seemed to have happened.

The police had been alerted by an 'uncanny neighbor' that something was amiss at his neighbor's house. He had seen a number of people that he could not identify. And, to propel his suspicion further, they were all masked. The police then arrived, confidently, knowing that there was nowhere the suspects could escape to. Then it happened... In a split of a second, all the kidnappers were dead. And the mother and her two daughters had survived. But where is the dad? How is it possible that he was abducted from the house? Nick and Tobe, two detectives, watched it all happen and even stood over the dead bodies of the kidnappers. Now, they have to investigate an almost-clueless case. What they reveal is the depths and the distance that a person is willing to go to revenge against those he truly hates.

The Easter Make Believers begins by immediately throwing us into suspense. From the first sentence, I was already asking questions. Who is the narrator? Why does her dad leave her? And what dad is that cruel to his daughter? Then the story moves on to the real conflict which is the mysterious abduction. Here, I was left dazzled and befuddled at the same time. I knew very well that there was no way for the criminals to have gotten away, and yet they had. What sorcery is this? Finn Bell does a great job of making us (the readers} question everything and nothing at the same time.

The writing is also impeccable. Finn Bell does a great job of telling the story using both the first person narration and the third person narration. The story is also written in good, simple English that makes it easy to follow and understand. The title also draws you in. It is a great title; one that fits and describes the story completely.

This is one book with which I had no concerns. The story was great, the narration was beautiful and everything else just fell in place. It is an easy 4 out of 4 stars for me. It was very professionally edited. I found no grammatical errors within its pages. It is one book that I highly recommend to lovers of crime and detective novels.

The Easter Make Believers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Melchi Asuma's review? Post a comment saying so!
MA

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”