Official Review: Hologram Conspiracy by Ed Sheehan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Official Review: Hologram Conspiracy by Ed Sheehan

Post by C-Extra22 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hologram Conspiracy" by Ed Sheehan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ed Sheehan’s book, Hologram Conspiracy, is an explosive action thriller with the ability to keep the reader glued to his seat from start to finish. The story is about a one – time covert agent for the CIA – Pat O’Sheen. Told in the first person narrative, Pat O’Sheen is portrayed as a talented, selfless, and fearless warrior with no thought for himself. Blessed with a wife and 3 children, Pat O’Sheen comes upon a top government secret that sets him up for several dangerous voyages throughout the book. With an audio – graphic memory, the lives of his children, friends, and former colleagues come together to give an enchanting storyline that keeps the reader asking for more.

The book was divided into 3 parts. Each part narrated an aspect of the story that will introduce the next part. This was well done and built up the story in a realistic manner that one could easily identify with. Also, the author’s choice of words was simple enough to encourage an easy flow of the story from start to finish. The story had several themes, e.g., resolution of religious conflicts which was emphasized in the story. The numerous action and confrontational scenes were vividly described leaving the reader with no doubt as to what happened. I saw myself in the scenes severally. This contributed to the appeal of this book as a future award winning movie.

The plots were captivating, thought – provoking, and intense. You have to be on the edge of your seat to read this book. The character development was so well done that I had to pause severally and applaud the author. Male and female roles in a relationship were clearly defined without making any of the roles less than the other. This contributed to making this book an unprejudiced read, especially as pertains to the female gender. Also, Pat O’Sheen exhibited a wholesome personality that was not deficient in any area. This was commendable on the part of the author since he was the protagonist in the story. The story also had emotional moments, intrigue, suspense, romance, and humor.

What I enjoyed most about the story was Dale’s southern speech and accent when she was responding to the Director of the CIA’s condescending attitude. Addressing a member of the team, these were her words: “Mr Kramper, somehow you have captured my man’s heart as if you were one of his offspring. But the recent goings-on by your compatriots in the CIA have put my family in unheralded peril. The master of the house is not currently available, but he would want me to greet your unwarranted intrusion with utmost kindness. But I dare say, your present accompaniment disillusions me to the probability of successfully completing his wishes.” This was one amongst so many of her responses with the southern accent. I saw Pat O’Sheen’s strength in her and understood why she was his wife. My reason is that I didn’t like how the Director of the CIA underestimated her.

On the other hand, the book had some typographical errors that I didn’t like. Example: “When the man hesitated, Robbi placed his pistol back on the man’s knee was instantly rewarded.” (Page 109). This was what I enjoyed the least in the story. My reason is that I really wanted to give this book a 4. I was sad when I saw the errors. I knew it would influence my rating.

This book would appeal to lovers of action thrillers and covert operations agents. This is because they could learn one or two things from Pat O’Sheen. Also, the story would appeal least to some religious groups. Example: those Muslims who don’t see anything good in Christians. This is because of the religious conflicts between both religions which are resolved by the author.

Sadly, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It deserves a 4 but for the errors. I had to settle for a 3 because of its enchanting plot and captivating storyline. I happily anticipate the next series.

Hologram Conspiracy
View: on Bookshelves

Like C-Extra22's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I would be interested to see how the religious conflict is solved by the author. It sounds like an edge-of-your seat book. I'll have to add it to my list. Thanks for the information.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

From this review, I'm absolutely sure I'm going to enjoy this book. I'm adding to my TBR shelf now, and I don't think the errors will deter me from enjoying this book as it is action packed. Thanks for the review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

Like my teacher of literature always said, 'you live a thousand lives when you read books' This one gave me a new life to live, where i get to be an intelligence agent. Thanks for the insight
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

This book appeals to me in every way except one - I am uncomfortable with first-person narratives, so am not sure how I'd fare with this. Other aspects of your review highlight aspects that hopefully will distract me from the first person issue and this is definitely a genre that interests me a lot. So perhaps I'll grit my teeth and make a start, and see how it goes! :wink: Thank you for your comments.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

sonya01 wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 07:11 This book appeals to me in every way except one - I am uncomfortable with first-person narratives, so am not sure how I'd fare with this. Other aspects of your review highlight aspects that hopefully will distract me from the first person issue and this is definitely a genre that interests me a lot. So perhaps I'll grit my teeth and make a start, and see how it goes! :wink: Thank you for your comments.
Sweetheart, this is one first - person narrative story you won't regret reading. The story is captivating enough to keep you on your seat from start to finish. Try it.
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

I like the fact that male and female roles in a relationship were clearly defined without any looking less than the other. I really want to read this story.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”