Review by dkd83 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dkd83
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dkd83.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by dkd83 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by dkd83 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak, book one in the “World on Fire” series, by Lincoln Cole is an intriguing fictional story about two lost souls coming together to try to save a town from permanent destruction. Abagail is a demon hunting young woman that wants nothing more than to solve a personal mystery that she’s been forbidden to investigate. Hatim is a grieving young man trying to distract and distance himself from the loss of his sister and his newly found disbelief in his father and religion. In his need to distract from his loss, Hatim takes a job following a young woman – Abagail – and soon finds that nothing in life is as it seems or as he’s been told. With their lives in danger, the two must learn to trust and help each other.

I rate this book at a 4 out of 4 stars. From the moment I started the book, I was hooked. Lincoln Cole brings his, and my own, imagination to life in this story that those who like young adult or fantasy genres will definitely enjoy. There’s just enough tease in each chapter to keep you reading to see what’s going to happen next.

Raven’s Peak is a fast-paced story that takes you on a demon hunting journey to an unknown small town just barely surviving. The protagonists are easy to like and feel for: both are slowly learning truths about themselves that those close to them have been keeping from them and both recently lost someone they cared about and are, unknowingly, on personal journeys to heal themselves.

I really can’t think of anything I did not like about the book. It had very few errors, just three spots that were missing a period at the end of a sentence.

As expressed above, I found Raven’s Peak to be a captivating read that I had to force myself to put down so that I could get things done or go to sleep. It’s a fantasy story about believing what you see, not what you think to be true – the way Hatim must learn to do -- and doing what you must to help those in need, even at the risk of your own life. I highly recommend this story to fans of fantasy and young adult novels and will definitely recommend to my own family and friends. I cannot wait to read the next two books in the series as well as other books by Lincoln Cole.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dkd83's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”