Review by leeO -- The Mystery Of Flight 2222

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
leeO
Currently Reading: surviving the evacuation
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leeo.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Review by leeO -- The Mystery Of Flight 2222

Post by leeO »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mystery Of Flight 2222" by Thomas Neviaser.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser. I just finished The Mystery of flight 2222 and was really impressed. Right from the start the title interested me as I love a good mystery and I enjoy a survivor story. I certainly rate it a solid 4 out of 4. Professionally written and edited the book is an easy read.

The writer has written a fast paced novel with intriguing characters and a realistic story line. There is not really a main protagonist although some might argue Frank and Marie share this role. Life itself is the big antagonist as it seems nothing really goes right for either of these characters.The story quickly draws in the reader with it's well developed story line.

A chance seating arrangement on a long haul flight throws Frank and Marie together. 2 characters who have both made messes out of their lives, Marie much more openly than Frank, decide to play a game of Frank's to pass the time.The two choose seven people and try to guess their names, age, occupation, marital status and quirks. While it seems harmless enough, it is actually a premonition for what’s to come. When a mechanical failure brings the plane down in the middle of the ocean it is Frank, Marie and the seven chosen from their game who survive the initial crash.

The 9 characters are now together on the open sea hoping to be rescued before the challenges of survival do them in. The perils the 9 face are realistic as are the personalities of the characters. Of course just when it looks like rescue is imminent they face further terror at the hands of the rescuers.

The book is action paced and well written to make the reader feel the fear, the sorrow and the hopefulness of the 9 characters. I found it hard to put the story down as I wanted to know what was next. The realism, although a bit disgusting at times, grabs the reader and puts you in the story. The twist and turns keep reeling you in only to be thrown by the next twist. Neviaser reveals the inner workings and motivation of each character strip by strip like the peeling on an onion. Great character development and a solid plot line make for a great book.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery and psychological thrillers. It's really like a roller coaster ride, twists and turns both terrifying and thrilling at the same time. Its one of the best books I have read this year. Pick up The Mystery of Flight 2222 it's well worth it.

The Mystery Of Flight 2222
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like leeO's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”