Official Review: WaterForce by Jack Bell Stewart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Official Review: WaterForce by Jack Bell Stewart

Post by Mely918 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "WaterForce" by Jack Bell Stewart.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The novel WaterForce by Jack Bell Stewart is an environmental crime thriller. Set in New York City, it focuses on bioterrorism and the immediate environmental consequences it can have on a large city. Terrorists dump toxins inside a reservoir that provides drinking water for the people in NYC. Upon the discovery of this substance, the authorities are now faced with a difficult decision. Should they make the public aware of the hazards inside the waters or should they keep quiet so as not to cause a panic?

Herb Rose, a worker for the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), is one of the first to discover the white powder inside the waters. Upon further inspection, he and his co-worker, Mo, begin to realize the danger that this substance poses to the city’s drinking water. Meanwhile, Parker and Titus, Herb’s sons, are striving to become environmental activists. The two boys soon find themselves tangled up in the present environmental crisis. They decide to collaborate with their father and some friends to form a group that will combat and raise awareness for these environmental hazards.

This book is very fast-paced and has a consistent flow all throughout. I really enjoyed reading about the possibility of bioterrorism and the things that may arise from such a threat. The plot was unique and well-thought out. The author seemed very informed about environmental issues and the political aspects of it. It was clear to me that Stewart did his research prior to writing this story. The characters were very well-developed and relatable. Every single character had a back story, even the minor ones and the villains. I was able to understand why the terrorists were doing what they were doing. The dialogue was also very realistic.

This novel was well-written for the most part. The only issue I had with it is the grammatical mistakes. While for the most part it seemed professionally edited, I still caught at least ten errors as I read it. Most of the mistakes were missing punctuations and omitted words. They seemed like careless errors and made this otherwise exceptional book look a little sloppy. These mistakes were not enough to completely deter me from the book’s overall content. However, I would still recommend another round of editing to fix these issues.

Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It held my attention the entire time that I was reading it. The plot was original and explores a topic that could very well become a reality someday. If not for the grammar errors, I would have given this book a perfect score. I recommend it to those who are passionate about environmental causes and those who enjoy a good crime thriller novel.

WaterForce
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mely918's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I almost reviewed this one. It sounds like a great read.
Sharon serena
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-serena.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sharon serena »

Being an environmentalist, this book is already interesting as it sounds. The plot sounds intriguing and I appreciate the writer's interest in environment and his way of fighting it's degradation. Thanks for the detailed review. Nice work
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

I reviewed this book previously and pretty much agree with you 100%! An excellent read that just needs an edit. Great review.
writer808
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writer808.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Post by writer808 »

nice one! it deals with environment.I would love to read it .last time i read a book related to environment was long ago
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm already intrigued; I want to know if they decide to tell the public. It's too bad about the errors, but they seem minor enough. All in all, it sounds like a fast-paced read. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This is a contemporary topic that makes us shiver. Your review really piques the interest about how this situation will be resolved (or not?). Great writing!
Galnius
Currently Reading: The Last City of America
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-galnius.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Galnius »

This book seems like a very intruiging way to raise awareness to the possibly of bioterrorism. Oddly enough, it isn't a very explored topic. I'll have to give it a read.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”