Review by dkd83 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dkd83
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dkd83.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by dkd83 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by dkd83 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is a fictional story about two people that come together to solve a mystery and end up getting more out of it than they expected. The two protagonists, Alex and Angela, get together to search for a mythical lost Da Vinci painting, which takes them on a worldly trip from L.A. to Italy. It is full of suspense and romance with a touch of paranormal and the past lives thrown in.

I rate this book at 4 out of 4 stars. It was a fairly quick read — when work and/or sleep didn’t interfere — that was well written and easy to follow along with. It was interesting, intriguing, and different from other books I have read. Belle Ami is very descriptive in her writing; whether about a place, art, or people.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci is set in great some places — Florence, Chianti, and Rome to name a few— and the author did a great job of describing those places, which helps when, as the reader, you to try imagine those very places — as well as what is going on in the book — as you read. I like the time shifts and felt they were done in a very blending and natural way. I was very appreciative that the authors translated any Italian she used; you don’t always get language translations in books, which, for some (like me), can be a bit annoying as I want to know what that person is saying — whether relevant or not.

There really isn’t anything I can say I don’t like about this book. The only thing I can come up with is what I can say, or what I think is true, with any fictional book I read — there are some parts that I, myself, think are kind of cheesy or a tad too fantastical; but, show me a story where I won’t find that. Really, those parts just add to the charm of the book, and as long as those parts do not outweigh the other, “better” parts, I’m okay with that; if I didn’t feel that way, I would not have given this book the rating I have.

As I expressed above, I found The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci to be a well written, easy to follow, and enchanting book that I will recommend to family and friends. It takes you on an slightly supernatural adventure full of art, history, intrigue, and romance.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dkd83's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”