Official Review: Monsterland Reanimated by Michael Okon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Re: Official Review: Monsterland Reanimated by Michael Okon

Post by MsTri »

kandscreeley wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 14:15 I do have to warn you, though, that the ending is yet another cliffhanger. While there is enough wrapped up not to make you feel too unsatisfied, not everything is tied up in a nice, neat bundle. The next book is going to be a must read for anyone that has read the first two.

While I enjoyed reading this book with its unique story line, likable characters and interesting enemies, it just didn't strike me quite the same way the first one did. How do you top a theme park full of monsters that are out of control? I'm not sure, but Mr. Okon didn't quite accomplish that feat.
Ehgads! A cliffhanger ending! Yikes!... Ha ha ha; based on your review - even if this tome wasn't as good as book one - I won't mind shelling out the money for this book, and possibly the third (Now it's a race to see who nabs it, *lol*, though I fear I'm a book behind and therefore handicapped!). Thanks so much for the entertaining read, and it's clear that 'great minds think alike'!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

MsTri wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 11:16
kandscreeley wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 14:15 I do have to warn you, though, that the ending is yet another cliffhanger. While there is enough wrapped up not to make you feel too unsatisfied, not everything is tied up in a nice, neat bundle. The next book is going to be a must read for anyone that has read the first two.

While I enjoyed reading this book with its unique story line, likable characters and interesting enemies, it just didn't strike me quite the same way the first one did. How do you top a theme park full of monsters that are out of control? I'm not sure, but Mr. Okon didn't quite accomplish that feat.
Ehgads! A cliffhanger ending! Yikes!... Ha ha ha; based on your review - even if this tome wasn't as good as book one - I won't mind shelling out the money for this book, and possibly the third (Now it's a race to see who nabs it, *lol*, though I fear I'm a book behind and therefore handicapped!). Thanks so much for the entertaining read, and it's clear that 'great minds think alike'!
I have a feeling the last one will be quite the ending. I can't wait to find out what happens. Thanks for commenting. The author is definitely talented.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I think both books would go over well in the library at my high school.
Georgia Lyonhyde
Currently Reading: A Tale For The Time Being
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgia-lyonhyde.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Georgia Lyonhyde »

kandscreeley wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 08:03
Georgia Lyonhyde wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 21:00 I'm wondering how big a part the zombies play in the series.
The zombies do play a fairly big part. But, they are zombies because of a virus. I don't know if that makes a difference to you. Thanks for commenting.
Oh dear, not a book for me then, but I'm sure monster lovers will see the appeal.
You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.
–Paul Sweeney :tiphat:
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

teacherjh wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 18:40 I think both books would go over well in the library at my high school.
Yes! They would go over well with the young adult crowd. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
bookowlie
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks for a thorough, insightful review! I don't like zombie or vampire books, although these types of stories are popular. However, I have to say your description of the first book (a theme park full of monsters who are out of control) has me intrigued. It's always nice when you are able to review a sequel to a previous book you enjoyed.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

bookowlie wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 09:57 Thanks for a thorough, insightful review! I don't like zombie or vampire books, although these types of stories are popular. However, I have to say your description of the first book (a theme park full of monsters who are out of control) has me intrigued. It's always nice when you are able to review a sequel to a previous book you enjoyed.
Absolutely! I try to jump on them when I see sequels to books I've read previously. That happens very rarely, though. You probably wouldn't enjoy this one as it is mostly about monsters.
—Neil Gaiman
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Hmm, surviving in a post-apocalyptic nightmare? Sounds like a unique premise. A pity about having to read the prequel first. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Cotwani wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 15:23 Hmm, surviving in a post-apocalyptic nightmare? Sounds like a unique premise. A pity about having to read the prequel first. Great review!
It's not a pity at all! You'll LOVE the first book. I guarantee it!
—Neil Gaiman
Gs_Anja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gs-anja.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Gs_Anja »

Sounds great! I would definitely recommend it to male readers: I know my brother has a tough time reading, but it sounds as if the novel has some video game qualities, which will definitely attract more audience, especially people like my brother.

Personally, I also enjoy seeing what people can create.

Thank you for the review😜
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Gs_Anja wrote: 16 Nov 2018, 04:08 Sounds great! I would definitely recommend it to male readers: I know my brother has a tough time reading, but it sounds as if the novel has some video game qualities, which will definitely attract more audience, especially people like my brother.

Personally, I also enjoy seeing what people can create.

Thank you for the review😜
It was good for sure! Of course, you must read the first one first. :) Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”