Review by cvetelina_yovcheva87 -- Concealment

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cvetelina_yovcheva87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cvetelina-yovcheva87.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Review by cvetelina_yovcheva87 -- Concealment

Post by cvetelina_yovcheva87 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Concealment" by Rose Edmunds.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Concealment is a brilliant psychological thriller by Rose Edmunds. It is the first book in a sequence of three, and I am impatient to read the other two novels. The book represents the complicated story of Amy Robinson. Amy is a young professional who has a great career in the financial field. She seems to have a perfect life. She is hard-working, responsible, observant, but, at the same time, she is insecure, and she quite often lacks confidence. It turns out that Amy hides an awful secret concerning her mother and her own past. She has a difficult childhood which has left its impact on her life and has influenced her attitude to the surrounding people. The shameful secret of her past is most probably the reason for her failed marriage with the perfect man, Greg.

The plot is quite intriguing. Amy’s life is absolutely torn into pieces after the murder of one of her colleagues, Isabelle. As a matter of fact, Amy and Isabelle are not in a close relationship. However, Amy almost loses her own life, trying to figure out what has happened to Isabelle. During her investigation, Amy finds out that she does not have even a single person in the world to confide in. Her loneliness and despair are extremely touching.

What I liked most about the book is the image of the main character. She is so self-confident and rational on one occasion, and she almost loses sanity on another. What amazed me most is that she holds on her ethical principles, no matter what the consequences for her might be. Her character is very complicated; she has her weaknesses and her fears, but, at the same time, she is brave and never gives up.

The only thing which I did not like about the book is the variety of financial terms. Their presence is absolutely normal, having in mind that Amy works for a financial company. However, they were a kind of obstacle to my clear understanding of some events.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 points. It is really a great thriller. It is full of suspense and twists. Concealment grabbed my attention from the first to the last page. I recommend it to all thriller lovers, as well as to people who love criminal books. Maybe the only readers who will not like the book are the romantic lovers.

I noticed just few typos which are not serious, so the book is, as a whole, professionally edited.

Concealment
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cvetelina_yovcheva87's review? Post a comment saying so!
Denitsa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Denitsa »

Clear, eloquent and honest. Thank you!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”