Review by reader2123 -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
reader2123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader2123.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Review by reader2123 -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by reader2123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Final Notice by Van Fleisher is about a test that was conducted on a group of people using a VT2 monitor. The monitor is supposed to detect health problems and inform the patient when he will die. The test was conducted on 100 people. Of the 100 people, 61 of them had access to guns. The people who had the guns and received their final notice ended up using their guns. One committed suicide, while the others murdered people. Right after using the guns, some of the participants died exactly as predicted by the VT2 monitor.

It's obvious that this book was written quite recently because of the political issues that were brought up. Most of the issues were about gun control and whether one should be psychologically tested in order to own a gun. In addition, issues about Muslims came up.

I was pleased with the editing and the organization of the book. Several stories were written within this book, and they were alternated between chapters. I didn't see any grammatical errors or misspellings. I got the impression that this book was professionally edited, which is good.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed reading every story. Although I could put this book down from time to time, I didn't get bored while reading it. What I didn't like about this book is that it reminded me of the October 1st shooting in Las Vegas. Nobody could figure out a motive for the shooting. This book was similar. I hope this isn't a bad influence on people.

I would read this book for entertainment, but I could also see it being used as a discussion topic in a political or religious class. Is there life after death? What would happen as a result of killing somebody when you find out you're going to die? Those are just a few example topics. I'm sure more questions will come up.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like reader2123's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”