Review by Noeld150 -- The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Noeld150
Favorite Book: Pancake Money
Currently Reading: The Brahma Spectrum
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noeld150.html
Latest Review: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound by Richard L Haight

Review by Noeld150 -- The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Noeld150 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Embalmer" by Vincent Zandri.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a book I just couldn't put down. The Embalmer, by Vincent Zandri had me totally captivated from beginning to end. The book is filled with humor, adventure and action. I enjoyed meeting Steve Jobz, a former policeman who was released from the police department after shooting a teenager. He is presently employed by the New York State Department of Unemployment Insurance Fraud. He is called back to police business by the Albany Police Department who is searching for a serial killer who embalms his victims alive. Detective Miller of the Albany Police Department refers to this case as involving the "Mortician Murderer".

The mystery is fast moving and an easy read. The protagonist is presented as a strange man who does command knowledge of the mortician's art and profession. After he embalms his female victims alive, he dresses them, poses them and puts them on public display for all to see. A simple plot, but one that kept me turning page after page for more information. This is not a dark thriller, as you might expect from the name.

The humor of the policeman being named Steve Jobz persists throughout the book, and it is a welcomed comic relief. Jobz gets teased so often about his name, you can't wait for the next character to appear. The reader can understand the thoughts and actions of most of the characters in the book. There is tremendous dialogue between Jobz and Detective Miller. You feel that this type of situation could actually occur, and that is more than scary. You can actually embalm someone while they are still alive.

Detective Miller is searching for unemployed people who previously worked in the funeral service field. The author has brought to life the characters in this story with detailed description. The mystery intensifies when Jobz realizes he actually knows the killer, and he must find him before he kills again. After the reader is made aware of who the killer is, he is just as anxious for a quick resolve for the capture of this despicable man.

I would recommend this book to an adult audience who likes thrillers, suspense and serial killers. I rate the book a 4 out of 4 stars because the author's writing skill has presented such believable characters. I so look forward to meeting Steve Jobz again soon. This will be among my favorite books, even though I do not often read murder thrillers.</r>

The Embalmer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Noeld150's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”