Review by lombosmia -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
lombosmia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lombosmia.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by lombosmia -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by lombosmia » 08 Sep 2018, 09:11

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is a romantic thriller with a little fantasy thrown in. Angela Renatus, an art historian, is having a recurring dream of a painting of Giuliano Medici and his mistress Fioretta Gorini. It was supposedly painted by Leonardo Da Vinci. Most people believe doesn’t exist. Angela, haunted by these dreams, feels compelled and determined to discover the truth about the painting.

In due course she is contacted by Alex Caine, an art detective. He too seeks the mythical painting. Alex is working for a wealthy German financier, who wants to clear his late Uncle Gerhard Jaeger’s name. He disappeared during World War II. Prior to disappearing, he sent letters about his affair with a beautiful Italian woman named Sophia Caro and the discovery of a priceless treasure. Could it be the painting?

Angela and Alex head off to Florence to see what evidence they can find.What they don’t know is a man called Alberto Scordato is looking for the same painting and will stop at nothing, including murder!

This was a fun read that kept me turning the pages. The story unfolded at a good and even pace. I enjoyed her flashes of a bygone time.They were filled with meticulous historical and artistic details, presenting an elegant picture of the past, making it easy to see the scene in your mind. These descriptions alone are worth the read, if you're intrigued by the Renaissance period.

As with any great mystery nothing is as it seems and there are some surprises which I did not see coming. The developing of the romances was done well (3 romances, 3 time periods). However, some sex scenes may not be appropriate for all.

The story contains plenty of action, romance and sex. The story is labeled as a thriller. To me it seemed to lean more toward a romantic novel than a thriller, but that shouldn’t distract you. The story covers many genres: Sci-fi, Romance, Mystery and Fantasy. A person interested in any of these genres should enjoy the book. This is a great afternoon or weekend read.

The writing is first class and kept me interested and wanting to turn the page to see what happens next. Belle Mia does a masterful job of switching easily between time periods. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I plan to explore more work by this author.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lombosmia's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”