Review by hdutz 2018 -- Guilt by David Taylor Black

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
hdutz 2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hdutz-2018.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello

Review by hdutz 2018 -- Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by hdutz 2018 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guilt" by David Taylor Black.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Guilt has it all, love, lies, murder, suspense and mystery. The book had me on the edge of my seat. I finished this book in three days, and easily could have finished it in one. The characters came to life and kept me turning the pages to see what was in store.

Dan Harris has gone to Hope Town Bahamas, to work on research for a book on the towns cholera outbreak, that took place in the 1850’s. His vacation is also an excuse to take a much-needed break from his estranged wife, Susan. His marriage to Susan has not been the same since their son Ryan died tragically. Dan ends up entangled in the towns newest murder mystery when he discovers a dead body washed up on a beach. After touching the body, while searching for a wallet, along with being an outsider, he slips into the role of primary suspect. Just when it looks like he may be arrested, another murder occurs, and then another and another. Why is this happening? Why does the evidence keep pointing in Dan’s direction? It seems as if someone is out to get him. Who is the real murderer? Is it the town bully? Is it the town barista? Is it the town librarian? Just when you start to suspect you know who the killer is, out of nowhere, a huge twist.

I loved that this book kept you guessing. Just when you think it can’t possibly get any worse for Dan Harris, the plot would twist and turn, leaving you surprised. The author did such an amazing job describing the characters and town, that by the end of the book, I wanted to hop on an airplane and go to Hope Town. I felt very connected to the characters and the town.

David Taylor Black has done an excellent job of pulling you into the lives of Dan and Susan Harris. Will there be more to come for this couple? It seems, as if, there is some unfinished business. The author also did a great job of pulling you into Hope Town and all its characters. The book was very well written, and I can’t wait to read more, from this author.

I am rating this book a 4 out of 4 stars. If you like murder mysteries, look no further. This book will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat. Guilt will leave you wanting more!

Guilt
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like hdutz 2018's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”