Review by Sanyesto -- Concealment by Rose Edmunds

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Review by Sanyesto -- Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Sanyesto »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Concealment" by Rose Edmunds.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Concealment by Rose Edmunds is a book whose setting is the current time. It is a psychological thriller revolving around the life of Amy Robinson, a girl who has grown up to be a very tough lady, especially in her current business related job. It, therefore, goes without saying that the story’s themes rotate in the world of high finance. Amy is a girl who was brought up with a mother who never liked her. This situation is largely attributed to by the fact that her father died when Amy was very young. Consequently, her mother reacted to this social shock through hoarding. This made Amy’s life to be quite difficult in terms of affording basic needs. As a result, Amy resorted to never having any friends while growing up.

However, on growing up, Amy secures a job as the head of the Tax Department of a large Finance company. Sadly, this never brought to cessation Amy’s troubles. The new company’s boss, Smithies, seems to be the orchestrator of problems in the company and Amy becomes bold enough to pose questions when she believes that things are not adding up. Things move from bad to worse when Amy’s coworker is found murdered. Amy is now highly stimulated to find the murderers, whom she suspects to be her new boss, Smithies. Amy seems to be alone in her quest as almost everyone presumes her to be crazy about her suspicions. Will she ever come to unveil the truths being concealed in the company? Well, you have to grab a copy of this lovely book to know more.

The story is written in a complex plot which is very engaging and that will keep all of its readers glued to their seats. The twists of events are what makes the story even more tantalizing. I would like to commend the writer for the inclusion of humor, sarcasm, and irony as they helped to provoke my following of the story. Moreover, I fell in love with the inner voice that was conversing with Amy as it made her do things which under normal circumstances she would have hesitated.

The first person narration style of writing can also not go unnoticed as it helped me to easily and quickly identify with the protagonist, Amy. Through this, I was able to share with her all emotional turns that she went through throughout the story. The character development was also amazing as the writer used detailed descriptions giving us a clear picture of who the characters really are and what kind of the business company is being spoken of in the story. The story is also fast-paced right from the beginning enabling you to become familiarized with the plot in a very short time. The suspense in the story also tends to make it even more riveting.

The writing of the story is flawless as I encountered no grammatical and punctuation errors. The only issue I came across with was the use of financial terms. But, I believe this cannot deter the flow of the story as the terms smoothly align with the storyline. I, therefore, give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend the book to people who love business oriented psychological thrillers filled with suspense and action.

Concealment
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sanyesto's review? Post a comment saying so!
Dusamae
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dusamae.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Dusamae »

Great review. I too enjoyed little Amy's comments.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

It's hard to be placed in circumstances that one didn't create for oneself. In as much as I admire those who are able to turn adversity to a stepping stone for something better, I also understand that doing such is not always easy nor even possible for some if not almost everyone. Thank you for your insightful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I reviewed this book too and I totally agree with your assessment. Amy
is a very well developed character and the narrative voice helps us empathize with her in a special way. The book is an absolute page-turner. However, I did have a bit of trouble with the financial terms. They're used very naturally so the author doesn't explain them and since I'm totally ignorant of the subject I had to look things up to be able to follow some parts of the dialogue.
I'm glad you enjoyed this book too and it was very enriching reading your perspective, thank you!
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

A book on finances!

From your review, I can see how the death of a loved one can affect the entire family. Even financially.

It would have been tough for Amy growing up to become a business woman.

Thanks Sanyeto, for well written review.
Books are lovely.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”