Review by bookiegalke -- Concealment by Rose Edmunds

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Review by bookiegalke -- Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by bookiegalke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Concealment" by Rose Edmunds.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Someone would ask, what does a financial firm have to do with a murder mystery? Isn’t the business of such a firm only concerned with the management of money? These are the kind of questions I was asking myself before reading Concealment by Rose Edmunds. Taunted as a psychological thriller, Rose Edmunds writes an impressive story that is sure to leave the reader with nothing but admiration for her work.

Amy Robinson is a woman who has made great strides in the world of business and finance. She has her career right on track and everything seems to be working just the way she wanted it to. But behind this highly accomplished woman, lies a childhood secret she would rather nobody finds out. When the company she is working for is accused of tax evasion, the company does nothing to fight that accusation. Later on it emerges that the company’s was not guilty of that claim. However there is more to that than meets the eye. Soon, the reader is treated to a murder mystery in which Amy’s curiosity to Solve, sours her relationship with her boss and colleagues. In fact, the further she continues to uncover the truth, the worse those relationships become. Is there a connection to the tax evasion claims and the murder mystery?

As the story develops, Amy begins to question her own mental health. The murder mystery puts so much pressure on her that she doubts her own sanity. A reader would have to read the story to find out how the murder is solved, and the humiliations Amy is subjected to by those who are out to discredit her. It will be really difficult to abandon the story halfway. What takes place in the story is no different from what happens in the real world. I would say that the book is a demonstration of what length people would go to hide a secret.

The writer does a great job at keeping the reader interested. Every chapter marks a new development in the story as the murder mystery becomes more intriguing. Amy’s character is admirable. She is determined to uncover the truth behind the murder. She does not allow the pressure from her boss and other interested parties to deter her. As a career woman, her excellence in her work sees her become a partner at the firm in the first stages of the story. Amy’s mum played a supportive role in the story. She demonstrated the love of a mother for her child in a spectacular way. On the other hand, her boss did not inspire me in any way. His chauvinism only served to display him as a weak character.

Over all, Concealment is an interesting read. Professionalism is employed in editing the book. There were no typos or spelling errors that could have stood in the way of my enjoyment. Plot and character development were well taken care of. The writer knew what role the supportive characters should play as the story took a new twist in every chapter. The editorial team did a spectacular job on the cover photo. I rate Concealment 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to those who enjoy crime thrillers.

Concealment
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bookiegalke's review? Post a comment saying so!
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”