Review by Mirtrs -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Mirtrs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mirtrs.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by Mirtrs -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mirtrs » 30 Aug 2018, 15:00

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is a romantic thriller story, full of love, passion, and mystery. This thrilling story takes you into a journey through time. From present-day Los Angeles to modern day Italy. Giving glimpses into the beauty of Florence during the Renaissance period in the year 1475. But also showing a war-torn Florence during World War 2 in 1944.

Angela Renatus is living her dream of working as an intern at the Getty Museum. Shortly after she begins working at the museum, she begins having intense and vivid dreams. She dreams of Leonardo da Vinci and a painting he created depicting the love of his friends, Fioretta and Giuliano. She is contacted by Alex Caine, an ex-military art detective, who is hired to find a mysterious painting by da Vinci. He is hired by Max Jaeger who is looking to clear the name of his uncle and believes that this painting will help him achieve that. Alex meets Angela during a surprising and shocking situation that leaves Alex confused yet fascinated. Alex and Angela are instantly attracted to each other and decide to find the mysterious painting together. Using Angela’s dreams, visions and art history knowledge, along with Alex’s wealth and detective skills, they journey into an adventure that takes them from the present to the past and back again. Their adventure comes with a love that transcends time but also with murder and death.

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were very likable, and I enjoyed how well they worked together. Their relationship and the mystery behind their love was the key part of the entire book. There was a lot going on in the book, but it all meshed well together to create a wonderful and heartfelt story. There was a heavy emphasis on romance and love but it had a lot of mystery and suspense mixed in. There was also a paranormal and supernatural aspect to it that lent it even more mystery and intrigue.

I was able to read the book very quickly without becoming bored. It was a light and enjoyable read with nothing too heavy or too profound. It was well written with few grammatical errors and it had a very nice flow to it. The story moved from the present to different points in history with different characters, and yet there was never any confusion as to what was happening. The writer did an amazing job describing the scenes and locations. I loved the detail and description she added to the story. The way she described the cities in Italy and the places they went, painted a wonderful picture in my head and provided me with lovely images. It seemed very authentic and very believable.

I rate this book 4 out of 4. It was a great read that kept me intrigued and absorbed in the plot. It never bore me, and it instantly sucked me in from the beginning. That is the most you can ask from any book or story that it grabs your attention from the start and keeps it to the end. There were grammatical errors but nothing you could not ignore or that took away from the book. The only negative thing I can say is that the paranormal situations seemed kind of cheesy and unbelievable. However, it was nothing that could not be overlooked or ignored. It seems from the ending and from the title that the story will continue and there will be more books. If so, I will be reading the next books to come.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mirtrs's review? Post a comment saying so!

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » Yesterday, 20:53

I read the review of the book The girl who knew da Vinci is written by Belle Ame. It's a love story of Angela and Alex. Mysticism, secrets and painting by Vinci is shown in the story. Past life regression is also shown. Adventure and history of Alex and Angela is also the part of story. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”