Review by Kctietz -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Kctietz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kctietz.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by Kctietz -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Kctietz » 29 Aug 2018, 09:00

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci is a unique twist on a love story within historical fiction. The story follows Angela, an art historian, trying to get a “foothold” in the business and Alex, who has been hired to locate a missing, and to date, unknown Da Vinci painting. Alex soon realizes that Angela is no ordinary art historian and that she has insight into the mystery that nobody else can provide. Teaming up, the two return to Italy to investigate. However, others have heard rumors of the painting’s existence as well, and are willing to do anything to posses it. In Angela and Alex’s quest to find the painting, they discover something neither could have ever predicted.

I give The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci 4 out of 4 stars. The book introduces us to several different time periods. Many books of a similar nature have awkward transitions and result in a plot that’s not fluid and a reader that’s confused. The various time periods in this book are well-defined by clear headings and although they vary in terms of the language used and other details that provide historical context, the story flows easily among them without awkwardness or interruption.

For those of us who love historical fiction, the first half of this book is for us. It is historical fiction that includes art, architecture, geography, and a snapshot of real individuals living during the time. In contrast, the latter part is filled with descriptive romance and is for those who enjoy a love story with details. I would have preferred less focus on the intimate details of romance later in the book. The story seemed to get hung up at that point. The plot slowed in what should have been the most riveting part of the book. Instead the reader is left wading through details of intimacy. In addition, dialogue at that point seemed somewhat forced and unnatural – likely because of the repetition.

The only other thing I would like to have seen, is more development of the “villains.” The story focuses primarily on the “heros” and their attachment to past events. I expected the villains would have the same type of attachments and kept waiting for their story to tie into the totality as well. However, details about them were conspicuously absent. More information about them would have provided more continuity to the story/development and mitigated the feeling that these individuals were added for the mere necessity of including a couple of bad guys.

Overall, this book provides all the elements of a good read. For those who enjoy good historical fiction, other worldly twists and romance, I highly recommend The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kctietz's review? Post a comment saying so!

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » Yesterday, 20:42

I read the review of the book The girl who knew da Vinci is written by Belle Ame. It's a love story of Angela and Alex. Mysticism, secrets and painting by Vinci is shown in the story. Past life regression is also shown. Adventure and history of Alex and Angela is also the part of story. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”