Review by Yerenzhu -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Yerenzhu
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yerenzhu.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review by Yerenzhu -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Yerenzhu » 23 Aug 2018, 17:55

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is the first book in the Out of Time Thriller series. In The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci, we follow the main protagonist, Angela Renatus, who has visions and dreams of a mysterious Leonardo da Vinci painting that is actually not in existence. Her mission is to find the lost painting and retrieve it.

In the beginning of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci, it explains how Angela is involved with having an appreciation for the arts. Angela’s employment status is an art historian at the Getty Museum, wthe hose expertise is in Italian Renaissance. Something happens to her during her employment at the Getty Museum which in turn makes her quit. One day, she was contacted by a man named Alex Caine, who is an art investigator and he pursued to help her solve her dilemma. Soon, Alex becomes her newest companion and helps her along her journey in finding this long-lost Da Vinci painting.

Throughout their journey to find the forgotten Da Vinci painting, the duo explores all over Europe. Exploring various sites, new foods, and the culture that surrounds them. Belle Ami did a great job in making you feel like you were apart of their journey as a spectator or as if you were watching a movie.

I did not like when a scenery would change, because it would abruptly change without any forewarning. I would have liked certain parts of the book to be elaborated more in the areas that it felt rushed. I can understand changing the scene when a new chapter starts that I can overlook, but not in the middle of a chapter. The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci has flashbacks with multiple characters that may get confusing to the reader, but in the end, without spoiling anything, the book wraps it all up nicely and comes to a closure which is easily identified in the ending of the book.

I rate The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami 4 out of 4 stars. The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci was a well written book. Quite honestly, the editing and format was spot-on. Throughout The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci, there are some words spoken in Italian which of course Belle Ami includes the translation to that, but I feel as if it adds to the culture and where the book takes place. I liked the book, but I don’t like too much romance, and nearing the middle point it felt like romance was a way that Belle Ami used as a filler for the book. Nonetheless, it was a great book and the story hit the target of being a thriller.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Yerenzhu's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”