Review by bookdragon7 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
bookdragon7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookdragon7.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: B007HCCOIA

Review by bookdragon7 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by bookdragon7 » 22 Aug 2018, 20:15

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is a romantic thriller that is the first of a series, and I can’t wait to read the next one of this series! I had never read a book by her, and I’m delighted I chose to read this book. I was drawn into the story from the first page and never did my attention wane. The elements of art, history, action, romance, mystery, adventure, suspense and a touch of the supernatural are beautifully woven together to make a page-turner kind of story. Because of the diverse elements interspersed throughout along with the driving force of the plot, this novel can appeal to many readers.

The story centers around Angela Renatus, an art history intern working at the Getty Museum for a harassing creep named Alberto Scordato. She begins to have dreams of a painting that could be a lost Da Vinci. Enter Alex Caine, an art detective who has been hired by a wealthy client trying to clear his uncle’s name. Angela and Alex pair up to uncover the mystery of this lost piece of art and find it before Scordato does. On this journey, the pair finds out that the dreams Angela has been having are in fact visions of two previous lives that were also connected to this elusive painting. The race is on as they find out just how far Scordato is willing to go to find and take the art for himself.

Having so many different elements to tie to the characters and plot could have quickly fallen apart and been a disaster, but Ami does an excellent job at keeping all of the elements present at every turn. The first page thrusts you into the middle of intense action that gives you no choice but to continue reading to see what happens. I loved how the story kept going back and forth between past lives and what was currently happening. A note for readers considering this book, the romance in the book gets quite steamy. Not to the point of erotica but enough that some readers who don’t like sex scenes should not read those parts. The action isn’t overly gory either, just enough to keep it interesting.

Those scenes from the past were never dull and I didn’t feel like skipping over them to keep going in the story. I also thought that each character from the past was their own person, that they had a history and they were well-developed characters, not characters added hastily to the novel. I wish I could read how each of the characters from the past got to where they met and how their story progressed to the endings that were written in this story. We are only given glimpses of their stories. They are so well put together that you instantly get attached to them and root for them all.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I couldn’t read fast enough, and I also didn’t want it to end. I believe that the progression of romance was believable given the circumstances set by the author from the beginning. I loved reading the interactions between Angela and Alex as well as all the scenes from the past. The only thing I didn’t like was how short of a story it is and how much I want to read something that doesn’t exist! I would read the stories of the love the past characters had for each other. The errors in the book were missing or wrong punctuation, but it wasn’t that distracting and easily missed by regular readers. I would recommend this book to any reader that is interested in any of the elements that I previously listed. It’s worth reading and getting lost in the story.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bookdragon7's review? Post a comment saying so!

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » Yesterday, 20:41

I read the review of the book The girl who knew da Vinci is written by Belle Ame. It's a love story of Angela and Alex. Mysticism, secrets and painting by Vinci is shown in the story. Past life regression is also shown. Adventure and history of Alex and Angela is also the part of story. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”