Review by sabrekat333 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
sabrekat333
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabrekat333.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Review by sabrekat333 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by sabrekat333 » 21 Aug 2018, 00:06

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Welcome to the darker side of the art world, where mysteries abound and dangerous killers lurk in the shadows. The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci, a thriller that takes you through time and space, begins with a flashback of WW2 era Florence, Italy. We then go to California to meet our heroes, Alex, the intrepid art detective with a military past, and Angela, a burgeoning art historian with an as yet undiscovered gift of second sight. Together, they are tasked with finding a mysterious wedding painting that may have been painted by Leonardo Da Vinci himself, and then stolen away from the Uffizi Gallery during the war.

We follow our heroes on adventures throughout Italy, and through Angela’s visions we are regaled with stories of a time long ago. Though they have only just met, Alex and Angela are inexplicably drawn together, as if they have a bond that transcends time itself. However, it will not be easy for them to search for the missing painting, or to explore the possibility of romance, for there is a dangerous sociopath stalking their every move, determined to take the painting for himself.

I loved the mysteries and imagined past of this novel, and was completely convinced of the possibilities of everything it presented to me. The pages absolutely flew by as I was caught up in the romance, suspense, and historical fiction of the story, desperate to know what would happen next. The only disappointment was when it ended, and I had to remember that this wasn’t all real! The author does such a good job of intertwining fact and fiction that every vision is completely believable.

The novel was well edited, and well paced. The only typos I found were a few missed quotation marks and one misspelled word. I believe anyone interested in romantic thrillers would absolutely love it. There are an abundant amount of romantic scenes in the novel. Although it never gets explicit enough to be termed erotica, if readers are sensitive to sex scenes they may have trouble with this book. However, if you like that sort of thing, there is plenty of it to place this book firmly in the romance section in my opinion! It is a very steamy novel, but with enough character development that you’re also desperate for the heroes to be in love and to survive the trials and tribulations the author puts them through.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami fully deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I absolutely loved it, was completely won over from beginning to end, and I’m looking forward to seeing what other offerings Belle Ami has for us readers. I recommend this book to anybody who would like an intellectual, steamy thriller with big doses of art and food references.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like sabrekat333's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”