Review by Read_review2018 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Read_review2018
Favorite Book: The Ragged Edge of Night
Currently Reading: Something Happened Today
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read-review2018.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by Read_review2018 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Read_review2018 » 08 Aug 2018, 13:44

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

AUTHOR: BELLE AMI
Copyright 2018
PRINT ISBN: 978-1-7322071-0-3
EBOOK ISBN: 978-1-7322071-1-0

Belle Ami, a rising-star story teller, blending paranormal fantasy and intrigue, presents a light and romantic mystery set in historical places. For art historians and collectors, this adventure enriches your impressions of the Renaissance Era, expanding on the greats like Leonard da Vinci and Michelangelo, also throwing in the infamous Medici family.

Fioretta Gorini, the girl who knew Leonardo da Vinci in 1477 calls to Renaissance expert Angela Renatus in summer 2018 through the medium of a da Vinci portrait of Fioretta's husband Giuliano Medici. Entranced by the portrait hanging in the Getty Museum, where she works, Angela experiences telepathic time travel and hears the concerns of Fioretta about a portrait of their wedding painted by da Vinci.

Alex Caine, former Navy Seal turned art historian and detective, arrives at the office of the director of the Getty Museum, Alberto Scordato, with a request for information leading to the whereabouts of a lost da Vinci painting. He is hired by a German man Max Jaeger who believes that his uncle, Gerhard Jaeger, along with his girlfriend Sophia, stole the painting in 1944 from a Florence, Italy museum where she worked. Max wants to find it, especially since it would be worth hundreds of millions of dollars by now. Of course, Alberto becomes interested in such a prize, also.

Angela quits the Getty Museum upon aggressive advances by her boss Scordato and joins Alex in an adventurous journey taking them to Europe and more telepathic travels. Alberto loses his position at the Getty Museum because of his sexually harassing behavior towards Angela.

Angela, twenty-seven years old, is a gorgeous brunette with long hair that she styles in a librarian bun, and brown eyes. She grew up in the Midwest, giving her less sophisticated appetites and some self-consciousness and lack of confidence with men. Alex, thirty-two years old, is a former Navy Seal with combat training and is confident with women. His background is sophisticated and higher classed, but they share the same appetites at the table.

The reader is treated to lovely descriptions of historical sights and references to da Vinci works. The lines flow by and I recommend this book to read when you are stuck on a cross-country flight. The hours will fly by quickly. Also, the fact that I recently read the latest biography on Leonard da Vinci really rounded out this novel for me. I rate it 4 out of 4 because I like Ami's lightness of presentation, reminding me of past movies that involve actresses like Audrey Hepburn, or Hitchcock thrillers.

Jan Reese

4/4

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Read_review2018's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”