Review by Jmosher0206 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Jmosher0206
Currently Reading: 4 Shots: Murder in Mormondom
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmosher0206.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Jmosher0206 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Jmosher0206 » 07 Aug 2018, 14:33

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci is an intriguing book from start to finish! Angela Renatus is an art historian struggling at her intern position for a museum. It is at this museum that she first encounters Alex Caine, an art investigator, hired to locate an original painting by the famous painter Leonardo Da Vinci. The painting is the marriage portrait of young Giuliano Medici and his pregnant mistress Fioretti Gorini. Because the young Medici was promised in marriage to another, the marriage as well as the painting are hidden and kept secret when Giuliano is tragically murdered.

As Angela and Alex embark on a quest to locate this painting, they soon discover that this case is more personal than either anticipated. Through a series of dreams and visions, Angela is transported across time to discover not only the story of the painting, but the connection she and Alex share with it. Three couples in love, three attempts to protect the secret treasure, two ending in tragedy. Will Alex and Angela be able to break the curse and accomplish what could not succeed previously?

This book was so well written with very few proofreading errors. The story is complex and detailed. I loved the adventure and fast pace of the book. Belle Ami captures the reader's attention immediately with her creativity and entertains to the end. The characters are expertly developed with subtle similarities given among them. Both Alex and his German ego, Gerhard, are military men with two different colored eyes. Angela, Fioretti, and Sophia are all described as dark featured and feisty. Both of the first couples are expecting a child when they are separated by the death of the father. It is these similarities that cause the reader to fear history repeating itself. It is easy to fall in love with each couple and hope for a happy ending.

What I did not like about the book is the excessive romance scenes. When following the intimate scenes of three couples, less is more. A few of these scenes took up several pages where as the adventure before was brief. One encounter lasted five pages! I felt that I wanted a cigarette and I don't smoke! The language of the men was not very believable either. When in situations of danger, the women were focused on the problem while the men could speak of nothing but being in love. This seemed very unnatural to me.

I gave The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci 4 out of 4 stars because the story is absolutely amazing. Belle Ami knows how to entertain her audience and deserves every star. I love to read on the edge of my seat and this book did not disappoint. I would absolutely recommend this book and possibly read again in the future.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jmosher0206's review? Post a comment saying so!

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » Yesterday, 20:59

I read the review of the book The girl who knew da Vinci is written by Belle Ame. It's a love story of Angela and Alex. Mysticism, secrets and painting by Vinci is shown in the story. Past life regression is also shown. Adventure and history of Alex and Angela is also the part of story. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”