Review by samkenny -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
samkenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samkenny.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by samkenny -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by samkenny »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Akira Sato was a geisha who was forced to abandon her profession and join Zakura-kai, a notorious Yakuza family in japan led by Mitsui-san, they were a ruthless, barbaric crew who considered compassion a weakness and failure the best reason to die. Akira was given a mission to find and kill the murderer of Keiko Mitsui (Mitsui-san's Sister), with a promise that upon her success her obligation to Mitsui-san ends, he has also given her permission to start her life over again anywhere she choose, just as long as it is not Japan. And also another condition that upon her failure or suicide, Oka-san (the woman who raised her) will die.

The married Couple Paul and Sara Lyons, were the suspect in the murder. For Akira to accomplish her mission, she is to join a passenger ship as a young, beautiful Tourist with the name Akira Hamada, accompanied by her father. Takashi Hamada,a Zakura-kai cleaner was chosen to act as her father on the Ship. It was on this passenger ship that she met Devon Lyons (Paul Lyons's nephew), who immediately got attracted and fell in love with her. Akira met different people on the ship including Peter Bradshaw (Sara Lyons's doctor), and the couple Vivian and Benjamin Hoffman. The Cruise in the Carribean was filled with Romance, mystery, and action. Will Akira uncover who is behind the Murder of Keiko Mitsui?, and will the Mystery behind the deaths on the Ship be Uncovered?

Twisted Thread by Kaylin Mcfarren depicts life on a passenger ship filled with love, crime, and mystery. This book made me remember the popular movie Titanic, a look at the life and theme of that movie will give you a vivid imagination of the life on the passenger ship, it is full of people who brought Love, Revenge, Frustration , and Family Loyalty to the High Sea.

My favorite character Akira Sato was a complicated girl who was forced to abandon her profession and those people she knows and love and was forced to live as an Assassin, she also has a desperate desire to be free from the control Of Mitsui-san and live a normal lifestyle, this is probably what made her fell in love with Devon Lyons, because of the hope of living the normal life she dream of.

In short, this is a captivating novel, I will recommend it to those who love a novel which has love, mystery and adventure combine into one. The element of mystery and suspense present in the book will enliven the curiosity of the reader keeping them glued to the book till the end.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars , I found almost no error in the book which makes me conclude that, it is either the book was professionally edited or the author is a perfectionist.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like samkenny's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”