Review by leburne -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
leburne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leburne.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by leburne -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by leburne » 06 Aug 2018, 15:58

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I heard about this book and was super excited to read it, and it did not disappoint! The book introduces us to Angela who a very interesting character. She deals with dreams of the past and a painting that doesn't exist or, so we think. She is a great three dimensional character with her own strengths and weaknesses. I cheered her on in parts I will not write about because spoilers, but I connected with Angela and hated to say goodbye at the end. She soon meets Alex who is another well written character with an intriguing past :wink2: . I enjoyed his character and personality as well.

Angela and Alex are not the only ones hunting the elusive valuable painting. There are of course the powerful bad guys who will seemingly stop at nothing to get the painting. As the book continues between the present and the past I couldn’t help but wonder if the past will be forced to repeat itself. I rooted for the characters even the ones in the past.

I really liked that the author threw in bits of the Italian language (and translated it). The language along with the descriptive detail really helped you feel as if you stepped back in time as well. The story starts in California before switching to Italy. They describe the Italian countryside in such a way that I started looking up plane tickets to Italy! But what was the best part of the book by far was the suspense. The mystery of the painting goes back centuries and I could not fathom putting together all the strings to find the painting. I can’t spoil it, but the elusive clues and the whole mystery around the painting and its history was wonderfully written.

The whole time so many questions were in my head! Will they beat the past or is history doomed to repeat itself. Is the painting real or just some dream in Angela's head? And if it is real will it ever be found? These questions kept me up well into the early hours of the morning just trying to see how it ends. I was hooked into the plot and found myself constantly wondering what was going to happen to Angela. Although the cliché romantic scenes were a little hard to swallow, the overall mystery of the book was too good. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I gave it 4 stars because I wasn't able to put it down. I fell in love with the characters, the history, and the descriptions! If you enjoy history, culture, or romance I have a feeling you will enjoy this book as well!

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like leburne's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”