Review by Nicole_Boyd -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: One Night with the King
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by Nicole_Boyd -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Nicole_Boyd » 02 Aug 2018, 10:51

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew DaVinci, by Belle Ami is an exciting romantic thriller that follows the story of three couples in different periods of time. First we meet Angela Renatus, an art intern who works for the Getty Museum. Troubles with her boss have kept her on edge for months, and she's desperate for a way of escape. Enter Alex, a handsome art detective who helps track down and recover art pieces that have been stolen from his clients. Their paths cross when Alex takes a case to track down a supposed lost DaVinci masterpiece.

Throughout the book we are introduced to two more couples whose lives are intertwined with the painting: Sophia and Gerhart, star-crossed lovers living through the Second World War, and Fioretta Gorini and Guiliano Medici. Fioretta is the beautiful young woman who often posed for Leonardo DaVinci, who falls in love with the younger brother of one of the most powerful Medici's.

Angela decides to give up her rocky internship to help Alex find the lost DaVinci. Their travels take them to Italy where they are on a race against time and an evil man who wants the painting for himself. They soon find out that this man will do anything to get his hands on the painting, including murder. As Angela and Alex get closer to the hidden location of the painting, danger and romance heat up the scene. But will their love be enough to keep them together, or will it end in disaster?

Some aspects I liked about this book was the setting - Italy. This read was like taking a mini-vacation to a place I've always wanted to visit. I liked how the author brought in real people, like DaVinci and the Medici family and gave a peek into events from their lives and what it must have been like to live in their time-period, albeit fictional, and made it believable. The Girl Who Knew DaVinci was an entertaining read and with lots of plot twists was able to keep my attention by keeping me guessing about the outcome.

I did not like all the sex scenes and language. I was under the impression that there were mild sex scenes before I read the book and I found it to be a little too erotic for my taste.

I rated this book a 4 out of 4. The book looked to be professionally edited and I found only one mistake. The writing was engaging and the plot well-thought-out and put together. Ami does a fantastic job of weaving three stories together and making them all work together. Because of the sexual content and language I would suggest this book to readers over 18 years of age.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nicole_Boyd's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”