Official Review: Abate the Nuisance by Bill Sage

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Official Review: Abate the Nuisance by Bill Sage

Post by serendipity 27 »

I'm usually not into crime thriller novels, even though this does sound intriguing. Thanks for the thorough summary and keep up the great reviews! :D
Give me the courage to get through this week...or at least a big bar of chocolate :D
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zarah_ »

I prefer mystery novels over crime novels. Since this is about mafias, I don't think this is up my alley. Thanks for the review.
Dawnks09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawnks09.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Dawnks09 »

Crime and thriller are good genres to read. The twists of plot and the engaging characters make it more interesting to read. Congrats. Thank you for this review..
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover »

Now, Arnold Goldman, a renowned Mafia attorney, gets wind of a crime Al and Jake committed in Pontiac while they were in high school. He threatens to go to the Commission on Judicial Performance and the Pontiac Police Department with his discovery unless Al makes some unfair rulings in his client's favor. Al is a good judge, and to save his career, he sets an airtight plan in motion to silence Goldman.

Unveiling the activity of the Mafia, this narrative is full of fascinating action. It starts in an intriguing manner and then flows smoothly. Whereas it's a second book in a series, it can stand alone because it ends satisfactorily. It has a well-organized and suspenseful plot, which kept me glued until the last page. Bill's writing style is very clear. The dialogues are realistic and entertaining, even the court procedure.
I normally love crime thrillers and mysteries, but this just does not do it for me. I like the idea of a good judge standing up to the Mafia, so I see why you would enjoy it.
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

Definitely sounds like a very appealing book. The author obviously did a good job here.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I'm a huge fan of crime fiction novels and suspense and mystery and this book sounds awesome. I also love courtroom drama and courtroom procedures in movies and books so this definitely sounds like something I'd want to read. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Mabel6
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mabel6.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Mabel6 »

Not a fan of crime fiction so I added to my not interested in reading shelf. Definitely sounds suspenseful and interesting though.
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

Thank you for the interesting review. I am an avid reader of mystery and suspense novels and this book definitely fits that genre. Right now though this storyline isn't piquing my interest. As the author suggests reading the first book before this one I may wait to read this book.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

This seems like an interesting crime thriller. I love it when there are complicated twists to the plots, though I’m not sure how I feel about all of the characters going to extremes to get what they want. I’ll have to think about this one.
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

I am one of those readers who don't like excessive violence. I have read other books that included violence, and the only ones I've enjoyed are the ones where the violence was not focused on and over quickly. I'm going to pass on this one. Thank you for the warning.
Kingob
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kingob »

Well good to know that Al chose the right path to exit crime choosing education instead. I think I'm really interested in knowing how he overcame the intended blackmail against him. I ll add it to my list.
bellaterrabooks
Currently Reading: On the Rez
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by bellaterrabooks »

The underhanded double-dealing of an insider in law enforcement is a popular storyline among crime fiction. The triad of Al Roth, Jake Gertner, and Arnold Goldman comes together in this narrative using a new character storyline since Al Roth is painted as the insider in this case. Using the Mafia as a backdrop for the story, the action of the story flows through the characters’ blackmail. This presents as a twist on the conventional crime drama, which revitalizing the genre.
goldengal1315
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goldengal1315.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by goldengal1315 »

Life can be so different even though the road that is driven throughout it is the same. Here you have two buddies that would do the world for one another but one chooses to follow the law and the other not. Life is a series of choices and no one person can make that for another. That being said one wrong mistake should not dictate a life or alter a person's life's work . All too often in today's society we are only out for what we can profeit from others.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Bill Sage's Abate the Nuisance is a #LegalThriller novel involving #Blackmail, #Crime, and #Action. This is a standalone sequel to "Judge Roth’s Law."

I needed to read the first book first before I'll read the sequel. For this, I decided to bypass reading this book. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Al seems like a really interesting character with a great story. I'm not a fan of crime novels but I see myself reading this. Nice review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”