Review by NicholetH -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nicholet Haumann
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 420
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholet-haumann.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by NicholetH -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Nicholet Haumann »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The author of this book, Lincoln Cole, enjoys travelling and has been to many places in the world. He has had a love for writing from an early age. He enjoys telling stories and it shows in this book. Ravens Peak is a Supernatural Thriller about an Organization called The Ninth Circle.

Haatim Arison is studying for a graduate degree. He is from India. He is going through a tough time since his sister died of cancer and is slightly depressed. A strange fat man named George asks him to help him and he decided to do it to keep his mind occupied. In the process of helping this man, he decides to start a crime blog. The events that follow after meeting George will forever change his life, and he will also learn a great deal about who is father really is and a life that his father has hidden from him.

A young girl named Abigail is a hunter serving for the council, whom is an organization dedicated to protect the world from the supernatural. She was on an assignment when her and Haatim’s paths cross in an unexpected way. They end up on a life threatening journey.

The author spend a lot of time and effort on every aspect and detail of this book. I like the character Abigail. She is a very strong, independent young woman whom have survived some very trying times, of which is being possessed by a demon and surviving. She does not however let those events define her. She is not afraid to take risks and pushes herself to achieve her goals and to do what needs to be done in every circumstance.

I like how Haatim reached a turning point and also found himself. Haatim had an inner struggle and conquered it on his own. Haatim really surprised me in the end. He helped Abigail just as much as she helped him. I like the trust and friendship that eventually grew between Abigail and Haatim. I did not like the gory details in the book. The author was good in describing in detail how a dead body looked, and it was very disturbing to me. But I must admit that the book will not have been as good without those gory details.

The book was creatively written and well thought out and cleverly written. The cliff hanger ending made me want to start reading the next book immediately, to find out the fate of Abigail. The story captured me and I enjoyed reading it. I would have liked to learn more about the demon they faced named Belphegor.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The reason for giving it 4 out of 4 stars is that it captured my attention and it was well written. I recommend this book to people who enjoy supernatural stories. There is some scenes in the book that is not for people with a weak stomach. If you do not mind gory details of rotting flesh or bones cracking, then this book is for you. I do not recommend this book to kids.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like NicholetH's review? Post a comment saying so!
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

Wonderful review; the book looks intriguing and diverse.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”