Official Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Re: Official Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

I like reading detective books. Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie books have been my favourite since a very long time. If this book is anything like those, I think I will enjoy it a lot. Thanks for the review and giving a clear picture of how this book will be.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya will find an audience among fans of the detective, crime investigation and mystery genre that want it in bite-size pieces. I remember that even Agatha Christie had anthologies or a collection of short stories on crime mysteries. And if I remember it right, I read Christie's Witness to the Prosecution as part of a collection. Having read the first few pages and getting a glimpse of the characters, this also reminds me of the Erle Stanley Gardner books I read out of my mom's bookshelves. This is the first time I encounter the word ratiocination. Brief definitions on Google say it is "the process of exact thinking," "reasoning," and "a reasoned train of thought." So this book exhibits the investigative thought processes of the main character, FBI Inspector Joe Giralo. As he is the Sherlock Holmes of this book, his thought process or his ratiocination is the star of the series. This could be why reviewer daniya_shah3 notices that while the detective series is supposed to be Giralo's team effort with his reliable co-investigators, Giralo seems to be solving the cases in his own thoughts. But the reviewer does say that the stories grab the readers so I'll keep this in mind for my future read. May I give my suggestion as a reader? Crime and detective stories should always open with scenes related to the crime or mystery to be investigated. It immediately transports the reader to the intrigue, controversy, mystery, the horror and the drama. This may be formulaic but it does work all the time. I found myself struggling through the first few pages of this book as there are passages about Giralo's friends. I'm not sure if these pages have something to do with the case of the first story, so that kind of opening to a detective story might leave some readers impatient.
Last edited by Shas F on 13 Jan 2019, 03:38, edited 1 time in total.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I always appreciate see well written reviews like this when the reviewer was not a fan of the book. After reading your review I think I will pass on this one. I dont think I understand the story. Thank you though for the great review.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

The review was well done, thank you I wish I can see the subject sounds interesting to me, but it's just not something I feel I would find interest in reading. I can enjoy a mystery, but only if it has romance. Romance genre is my most interest. Congratulations on BOTD.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I love spy books and hope its as good as it sounds. I would add this to my want to read book shelf.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
K Geisinger
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-geisinger.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by K Geisinger »

Short stories can be a fun way to read a story and often cover up minor plot holes. Unfortunately I don’t know if I would like a main character who doesn’t have the ability to work constructively in a team. I think his behavior of holding back facts is juvenile more than the work of a brilliant inspector.
"To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark." (Victor Hugo)
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

Thank you for your thorough review. I liked how you broke down the things you liked such as the camaraderie versus the stories' shortcomings.
paullambert416
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by paullambert416 »

:tiphat: REVIEW: THE FBI INSPECTOR BY JAY DUBYA
Great read!! Every plot gets more gripping than the previous. Couldn’t put it down,areal page turner. Delicious use of words,really captivates the imagination in this style of crime series.
Thank you Jay, can’t wait for the next series!
Well done ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”