Review by misskiki360 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
misskiki360
Currently Reading: Ripcord Recovery
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misskiki360.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by misskiki360 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by misskiki360 » 23 Jul 2018, 23:46

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

True love can last a lifetime. But, what if love could last forever? Two people who are meant to be together can find each other even after death and reincarnation. Or, at least they can in The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci.

Fioretta Govini is in love with Giuliano Medici. They marry in secret because of Giuliano’s obligation to his rich and politically powerful family. He is betrothed to another for political reasons. They plan to reveal their relationship when the time is right. Fioretta's friend, the legendary Leonardo Da Vinci, paints their wedding portrait. But, before Giuliano can tell his family about his wife and their unborn child, he is assassinated. The wedding portrait is hidden by the family.

Fast forward to World War II. Sophia Caro and her occupying Nazi soldier lover, Gerhard Jaeger, find the painting. Gerhard knows that it is by Da Vinci, despite it being credited to another artist. They take the painting, and Sophia hides it. The knowledge of the hiding place dies along with Sophia.

In present time a private investigator, Alex Caine, is hired by a relative of Gerhard Jaeger to find the wedding portrait in an effort to clear his family's name. He meets Angela Renatus, a Renaissance expert working at the Getty Museum. He sees her go into a trance in front of a painting of Giuliano Medici. They realize that Angela is Fioretta reincarnated, and they use her dreams and visions to guide them to find the missing masterpiece, dodging death and danger at every turn.

I normally don’t enjoy what some would call “romance novels”. However, this book only has a few hot and steamy scenes. They can get a bit descriptive. So, if you don't like that sort of thing, you have been forewarned.

At the very beginning of the book I was concerned that I wasn’t going to enjoy it at all. The dialogue was like something straight out of a soap opera. By that, I mean the kind of dialogue in which they re-cap their entire life history in a few sentences in order to bring the viewer up to speed with what happened in the previous episodes. Thankfully, it only lasted for the first few pages, and the dialogue later in the book was more natural and believable.

I found myself not able to
put the book down, reading most all of it in one night. I enjoyed the author's writing style and her attention to historical details. I would definitely be interested in reading more from this author as well.

I am rating The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami 4 out of 4 stars. There were very few, almost unnoticeable errors. It was very well written, and entertaining. I even think the story would make an excellent TV movie. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good story.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like misskiki360's review? Post a comment saying so!

Bella81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bella81 » 14 Sep 2018, 21:59

The story is really good and full of love and compassion. It has thought me some lessons about love.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”