Review by Berawr -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Berawr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-berawr.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Review by Berawr -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Berawr »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Akira Sato was forced to become an assassin due to the death of her lover. She’s been obligated to work under Mitsui San who is a notorious gang leader. She had an opportunity to get out of the gang by doing a mission that Mitsui San had given her. Mitsui san’s sister was murdered and her killer was traced to be in a cruise ship sailing through the Pacific, named Starfish.

Two persons of interest have been identified as responsible in the murder of Mitsui’s Sister, Paul Lyons or his wife, Sara. It’s Akira’s responsibility to find out who the culprit is. Devon, the nephew of the couple is a handsome young man and is an easy bait for Akira. She’s on a conquest to seduce the young man and gain information about the couple. However, upon finding the truth she also finds herself beginning to fall in love with the young man.

Will Akira’s feelings get in the way for her to complete her mission and get out of her miserable life as an assassin? Find out on Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The plot of the story was executed perfectly even the characters are made realistically. The author did a great job in executing suspense/mystery/ crime and romance in one novel. I specifically liked how I keep on guessing what will happen in the next chapter. The plot is very unpredictable as all the characters were suspicious an as a reader you’ll have a tendency to trust no one. The novel has a very fascinating storyline and characters have distinct personalities. The main character, Akira is very interesting, a former geisha turned into a lethal assassin, she had been through a lot and has a very strong personality as she did her best to get over the obstacles she has gone through.

Overall, the plot was really appealing and is enjoyable to read. This book has mystery, suspense, and romance in it that I really enjoyed. I’m not a fan of romance novels but with a twist of crime and mystery, it's really quite entertaining to read. The downside of the novel is that some of the dialogues are written in Nihonggo and is not translated properly by the author. However, I would still definitely recommend this to those readers who love reading mystery/suspense/crime and thriller novels.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Berawr's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”