Review by ShareTheGift -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
ShareTheGift
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharethegift.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by ShareTheGift -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by ShareTheGift » 18 Jul 2018, 19:24

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami centers around the search for a painting, which may or may not have been painted by the master painter, Leonardo Da Vinci. This blend of historical fiction and romance follows three groups of star-crossed lovers across three time periods; The Renaissance, the 1940’s and currently. The lovers’ stories are intertwined with each other, as well as, their reasons for protecting the painting. Each group struggles with opposing forces that are either interested in keeping them apart or some further devious plan for them. Deceit, death and the fear or reality of separation from each other follows them at every turn. Discovering the history behind the painting and what the couples endure along their journey is both exciting and heartbreaking.

I enjoyed Belle Ami’s ability to weave these three couples together across the time periods and that most of the story takes place in Italy. She tells a compelling story with a novel approach to how she connects the characters in the story. It also moves very quickly from the first chapter and forward. It is evident that she did a fair amount of research to complete the book because her descriptions are detailed and keep the reader engaged and encouraged to move further into the story.

While not a fan of the romance genre, I am a fan of historical fiction and the book kept me engaged to find out the background of the story and the relationship development of the couples. I would like the story to stick more to the search for the painting and to build up to the encounters between the main characters and those who were trying to do them harm. However, I understand the author using the sex scenes to prove each of the couples’ passion for their partners.

I recommend this book to individuals interested in romance and historical fiction. Because the romance scenes are sexually explicit, I would recommend it only for adults. The historical portions, while not entirely historically accurate, are historical fiction and are meant to add a framework reference and not a recounting of history. Therefore, it worked for me as someone who is interested in The Renaissance and traveling through Italy for sites within the cities and the countryside.

I rate The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci 4 out of 4 stars. I read the book in two days because the adventure kept me engaged and anxious to know what would happen next in the story. It also built some expectation in me for things that remain unanswered in the book. I was pleased to hear this is only book one in a series. I am looking forward to see if I am on track with where I think some things will go related to the parents and family history of Angela and Alex.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ShareTheGift's review? Post a comment saying so!

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » Yesterday, 21:12

I read the review of the book The girl who knew da Vinci is written by Belle Ame. It's a love story of Angela and Alex. Mysticism, secrets and painting by Vinci is shown in the story. Past life regression is also shown. Adventure and history of Alex and Angela is also the part of story. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”