Official Review: The Look-Alike by Joseph A. Levy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Re: Official Review: The Look-Alike by Joseph A. Levy

Post by Cecilia_L »

Eva Darrington wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 20:30 You have written another wonderful review. Thorough and honest. At first glance this book sounds really interesting. The premise is intriguing. And, I am so glad you offered the warning. It's a shame about the sexist profanity and rape humor. I will choose not to read it because of that. But, I sure did enjoy reading your review. Thanks!
Eva, thanks for your kind words. I understand.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Enimat wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 21:36 Personally I think it's worthwhile to read same as the other countless books in the world, but the plot is somewhat slow and kinda boring for my taste. It does pique my interest but not to the extent that it makes me want to say "wow", The characters and story aren't really that all special either nor is unique, cases like this can be commonly seen almost everyday or at the very least from time to time without reading such a book, so far this are the problems that I've noticed about this particular book though I love how crappy the prosecutor is which surely did catch my attention, BTW the review seems more interesting than the book itself...
Thank you.
Teacher123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Teacher123 »

I was wondering if anyone felt he was actually guilty of the crime he was accused of by the last statement he uttered to his attorney?
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

Your review of this book reminds me of some other well-known court drama fiction. I see similarities to An American Marriage by Tayari Jones, specifically. But, sorry to see that this book was disappointing. A legal thriller lacking a thrilling aspect is unappealing.
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”