Review by Richard Whitehead -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Richard Whitehead
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-whitehead.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by Richard Whitehead -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by Richard Whitehead » 11 Jul 2018, 02:10

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Belle Ami’s The Girl Who Knew da Vinci is a book that is overloaded with several episodes of love and romance. The story begins when Leonardo da Vinci painting goes missing. A search is being conducted in an attempt to solve the mystery of this painting that is now missing. Angela Renatus, an art historian, begins having dreams about this piece of painting that is now missing. In her dreams, she can see the subjects in the art who are Fioretta and Giuliano Medici.

A tycoon from Germany named Max Jaeger assigns Alex Caine the duty to search for the Leonardo da Vinci painting on his behalf. Alex Caine is an art detective agent and so is assigned this duty of looking for the missing piece of painting. Jaeger’s motive of looking for this painting is to clear the name of Gerhard, his uncle.

I really loved how Belle Ami mixes proportions of history, mystery and romance to eventually come up with a fine blend of the three themes. The plot of this story is easy to follow despite the fact that the story spines in three different periods of time. The author uses flashbacks to remind us of the Second World War period by telling us about Sophia and Gerhard, who are lovers during these dark hours.

I think that this book can best fit lovers of mystery, history and even romance. I believe that this book will have you captivated and you will read it in just a single sitting as it has the capacity of having held at the edge of your seat throughout. The author’s beautiful cast of story developed characters does not disappoint either. The several twists and twins in this book will also demand for a reader’s strong engagement and concentration as he reads the story.

As I read the book, I found the characters to be likable and so at times, I felt like identifying with most of them. I even wished to bring some of them e real world. The historical genre of this story makes it achieve its validity thus most readers will not doubt it. The vivid description that Belle Ami uses throughout the book is also great.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars since I failed to spot any spoiler. I tend to believe that this book must have been given proper professional editing thus it is well refined hence it is error-free. The author equally awards this book with such a perfect storyline that many readers will likely have to admire and identify with. Friends, please try to read for yourself The Girl Who Knew da Vinci and have yourselves thrilled.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Richard Whitehead's review? Post a comment saying so!

chelhack
2018 Reading Goal: 29
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 62
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: Concealment
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack » 14 Jul 2018, 06:06

Yes this book was an overload of romance but even better I believe is that the love that the Fioretta and Giuliano had kept find itself with different people over 500 years
Chelsea N. Hackett

Britty01
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 144
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 » 16 Jul 2018, 14:15

I liked the review and agree on the romance overload in the book. I am glad you enjoyed the story.

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » Today, 04:16

I read the review of the book The girl who knew da Vinci is written by Belle Ami. It's a love story of Angela and Alex. Mysticism, secrets and painting by Vinci is shown in the story. Past life regression is also shown. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”