Official Review: The Candle Room by Daniel K. Gentile

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Re: Official Review: The Candle Room by Daniel K. Gentile

Post by Julehart1 »

This book sounds interesting. A legal drama seems like fun and I like that it was entertaining. It’s too bad about the lack of suspense. The fact that there is no mystery on who the killer is and it can be guesses so easily is disappointing. Thanks for your review.
Anthony_oladimeji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Anthony_oladimeji »

Lack of suspence not a hinderence. A straight forward write up about daily happenings in the court room. A best read for people who share the ideas of the law.
Northernbird84
Currently Reading: The Crossing
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-northernbird84.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Northernbird84 »

Great review! I love your writing style. I’m looking forward to reading this. The courtroom style appeals to me and the characters sound varied and entertaining.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

When I think of courtroom drama, I imagine nothing short of juicy suspense. Too bad this book fails in that sector. I'm however eager to see how Zach navigates the murky waters of his new practice.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
klwoodford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klwoodford.html
Latest Review: Pembrim by Bree Lenehan

Post by klwoodford »

Wow! This is a very thorough and creative review, good job! The book sounds alright but I really like suspense, which seems to be a missing element in this novel.
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

It sounds like a good book, it's a pity about the lack of suspense though. Thank you for the review.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

The courtroom drama sounds interesting. Too bad for the lack of suspense. It would have been an amazing book. Congrats on BOTD
kelvin nwana
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kelvin nwana »

the candle Room its quite an interesting book written by Daniel K.Gentile that stresses on legal situation and setting.
Festus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-festus.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Festus »

Cheryl12 wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 18:58 In "The Candle Room" by Daniel K. Gentile, Zachary E. Morgan, Associate Lawyer was excited to start his Law career with the Los Angeles firm of Fleming, Fleming & White. He was hired over other Law Graduates from popular University like, USC, Stanford, Pepperdine and UCLA. He wanted to pursue law after one of his friends was killed and his brother-in law paralyzed many years ago when a robbery occurred.

After a few years Zach was eager to start his own practice but his wife insisted that he acquire more work experience at the Insurance Defense firm. Soon he opened his private practice. Zach first case was for a short term client who discovered he was the beneficiary of his distance brother's multi-million dollar estate. This brother was murdered and killer had to face trial in an open and closed case. Zach dig deep and discovered devious past of the murder victim. His initial case made a turn in the direction of big trouble.

CMcDermott This insight truly provides a useful compass for proper navigation around The Candle Room. Undoubtedly,
The Candle Room is increasingly becoming a Must Read for fans of crime fiction despite a few shortcomings
Kudos to Gentile and thumbs up to Hartje.
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

ellieonline03 wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 01:32 The lack of suspense from knowing the real murderer right off the bat might be a put-off, but I would still want to know the circumstances that lead to the brutal death of the victim. After all, just knowing who did it is not enough to convict a criminal without evidence. Perhaps that is what the author wants to show in the book.
I totally agree with you! This is why I listed that I disliked how there was no interesting reveal of evidence but instead a dump in one paragraph of the last chapter. Between that and the missing character development-I was unimpressed.
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Intentsports

Post by Intentsports »

I like your review! And I also like a good courtroom drama.
Aneira

Post by Aneira »

Lovely review, very detailed :D
Harsukh

Post by Harsukh »

It is suspense thriller without the suspense !! Though the narration is good. It is a TIME-PASS Type of book !
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kareka88 »

I enjoyed the freshness of your review and the use of courtroom jargon. I appreciate your candidness when it comes to the content of the book itself. I may put it on my want to read list merely because of your last paragraph that it was still an entertaining read.
"Life is an occasion - rise to it." Mr. Magorian
network14

Post by network14 »

An unusual tale of Love, Ambition, Abuse and Psychopathology. I enjoyed every minute of this book. It had great characters, countless twists and turns, and an intriguing Courtroom drama. Highly recommended !

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”