Official Review: The Candle Room by Daniel K. Gentile

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maxik
Currently Reading: The Candle Room
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Official Review: The Candle Room by Daniel K. Gentile

Post by Maxik »

What a great book for my book club. "The Candle Room" is a page turner. It is a well written legal thriller. I enjoyed the characters so much that I was left wanting to read more about their lives. I can't wait to read another book by Dan Gentile
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

It's too bad about the suspense lack. Otherwise, this sounds like a great read for mystery fans. As for the "barking dog" cases, when your neighbor's dog has been barking for six hours and it's 3 in the morning, there's a lot you'll consider doing. :) Thanks for your review!
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
EmeraldEyes8918
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by EmeraldEyes8918 »

Excellent review. As a trainee solicitor I am always interested in courtroom dramas and the interweaving of the legal world with a compelling story. Seeing what victims go through in criminal law cases can be harrowing, but also a great read as well for fans of crime.

The structure of this novel sounds very interesting, with the 'whodunnit' being presented right at the beginning followed by the twists and turns of a thriller.

It sounds very intriguing and I am definitely adding this to my Want to Read shelf.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

It is good that I chose to read your review before I tried the excerpt. The review says it all. Although I am a great fan of crime and mystery books, I don't think this one will excite me much if I can deduce the 'whodunnit' part right away. I rather like mysteries with plot twists. Thanks for the review, it was very enlightening and a unique read as well.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

As much as I enjoy reading criminal law cases, I don't mind knowing who is the murderer early on. I'm more interested to know why he committed murder, and how he get discovered. I would say yes to this tale.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
peter piro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by peter piro »

As much as I enjoy reading criminal
law cases, I don't mind knowing who is
the murderer early on. I'm more
interested to know
Urooj Ali
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Urooj Ali »

Ooo waooo. I really like suspense a lot. Thanks for your review.
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

The Candle Room... Well your review says it all. Although it's a really enjoyable read, Ithe lack of intense suspense really took the punch out of it.
pangorman

Post by pangorman »

Books on crime always fascinate me and with the sense of a young man trying to start his own law firm and your first case is something that if you don't take care you might end up loosing your life. The question is will Zach go on and take the case or will he chicken out? Interesting, really love it.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

Your review of this novel was entertaining and enjoyable. I was amused and was smiling as I read this. I like courtroom drama and I will seriously contemplate on reading this as soon as possible. Happy reading to us.
slogan50
Currently Reading: The Chemist
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by slogan50 »

Bravo!! This was a very thorough and entertaining review of the author, D. Gentile's book, "The Candle Room".
I read a sample of this book, just this morning; and then after reading the review with the accolades and reproofs, decided to read the rest of the book. The format, content, and attention "grabbing", eloquent wording really made the review perfect! Thank you for the awesome review and I can hardly wait to read more of your reviews in the future!!
:tiphat:
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

A review which is written in a different sort of manner. A bit difficult to read but it is good and descriptive. C/T/M/H is a genre which I usually do not miss. So, I would like to give a try, despite the negative aspects mentioned by the reviewer. Congratulations on being BOTD
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
adediran
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adediran.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by adediran »

As a beginner in all career of choice, the heart blowing question of “How am I going to do this?” is always there to answer. Zach did well by abandoning his former job to take up a profession in law but the question of what to do with the secret he discovered overwhelmed him. How I wish Zach Morgan can summon the courage to reveal the secret, it make the story more complete and interesting.
mindyg123
Currently Reading: Lycan Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 565
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindyg123.html

Post by mindyg123 »

Great review as always. I love a good who done it but kind of disappointed if I can figure out the who to soon in the book. Otherwise this sounds like a book I'd really enjoy. I'm going to give it a shot anyhow.
Mindyg123 :techie-studyingbrown:
Ruthmasese55

Post by Ruthmasese55 »

:techie-reference: The review of the author D.gentile's book,,"The candle room"was amazing by going through the review it gave me the urge to read more.. Thanks a lot am looking forward to reading more reviews from you.. :techie-reference:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”