Official Review: Murder at Civatika by G A Catanzariti

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Official Review: Murder at Civatika by G A Catanzariti

Post by mratdegraff91 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Murder at Civatika" by G A Catanzariti.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Murder at Civatika by G. A. Catanzariti

Murder at Civatika
is author G. A. Catanzariti’s first murder mystery novel. The author is originally from the UK but moved to Austraila as a kid. She now pursues her dream in writing beginning with this novel. This book would be best for readers interested in murders, mystery, robots, adventure, and futuristic type settings. At 174 pages this story will take readers into another world.

Civatika is a peaceful gated city where crimes do not exist thanks to the increased surveillance, microchipped bracelets, and robot security. The residents of this futuristic city have nothing to fear and no longer worry about crazy outburst and riots. Crimes, if attempted, are stopped in the blink of an eye. Surprisingly though, someone was able to commit murder in this city and old school Detective Daniel Morris is called in. Detective Morris lives in the Fringe which is outside of Civatika. It is not as safe as Civatika and Detective Morris likes it that way. He must deal with robots, the master computer system of Civatika called Zecron, and villains as he attempts to solve this case.

I enjoyed the storyline of this novel. It had a great plot and great character development. The author gave the story from several point of views but kept Detective Morris as the main character. I felt the author did a great job on the antagonist which I will leave unnamed. I had no clue that it would be the individual she chose. My favorite character was Detective Morris. He had an interesting sense of humor and constantly questioned the assistance of robots throughout the novel which I found funny since they were everywhere. My least favorite character was Thorndyke who was also very gifted with technological skills in this novel.

Another thing I liked was in the novel there was a hint of romance when detective Morris developed a crush on April, the robot software designer. There was not much focus on this in the novel and was only occasionally brought up. I felt it added a bit of flare and may be appealing to those interested in romance. I am curious to see if something develops later on maybe in a second book involving these characters.

Something that bothered me severely about this novel was the amount of errors. I do not believe that this novel was professionally edited since there were a variety of errors consistently throughout the book. The errors included run on sentences, missing commas, singular vs. plural, capitalization errors, and missing punctuation at the end of sentences. This really affected my scoring for this novel leading me to give it a 2 out of 4 stars as the rating. If the author would give it a thorough editing and correct the errors this would be an amazing book. Even though I liked the storyline, the errors made it difficult for me to continue reading and focus on what was happening.

Murder at Civatika
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like mratdegraff91's review? Post a comment saying so!
Madison Degraffenreid
Corhan2
Favorite Book: Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta #2)
Currently Reading: Land of Painted Caves
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corhan2.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Corhan2 »

Thanks for the review. The main character sounds very interesting. It's such a pity about the editorial and grammar errors because I really love a good murder mystery!!
Hannahrg
Currently Reading: Survivor's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahrg.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Hannahrg »

Civatika is a peaceful gated city where crimes do not exist thanks to the increased surveillance, microchipped bracelets, and robot security.
I find this book very interesting since I am into robots and scientific inventions. Technology has become a part of our lives and has changed the system of developments taking place in the world and in different countries. The reviewer stated that romance is also a part of the book so what better way than to read a book with all areas of discussion rolled into one. It has romance, sci-fi, action and educational subsections which could turn out to be both amusing and educational. I will get a hold of a copy and start reading immediately!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

What an interesting book especially about the murder crime committed although with increased surveillance and with the predominant of robots. I would like to check this out at the expense of the errors
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1031
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

This book actually reminds me somewhat of the movie, The Demolition Man, starring Sylvester Stallone as an older-style cop who was frozen for years then thawed to help with a threat that the new-style cops, including Sandra Bullock, couldn't handle. I also like the inclusion of robots, giving this book a slightly more up-to-date feel. Thanks for the introduction!
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

The plot and main character sound very intriguing but it's a shame it wasn't professionally edited. I appreciate your engaging review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”