Official Review: Indigo Persuasion by Joan Arlin Hibbs

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Official Review: Indigo Persuasion by Joan Arlin Hibbs

Post by nikkyteewhy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Indigo Persuasion" by Joan Arlin Hibbs.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Indigo Persuasion by Joan Arlin Hibbs is a suspense mystery book. This is the kind that book gets you in the detective mode on any good day. The author produced an entertaining, yet a thought-provoking book that would make you question your safety and security. This is not the typical suspense story full of stereotypes. This is a book about a sophisticated form of crime. The sons of two wealthy oil CEOs are electronically held hostages. This brilliant crime leaves no evidence that a crime has been committed. The perpetrators leave no rooms for mistakes, and they believe they are smart enough to get away with the crime. Emotions are running high as the race to save the lives of their sons. Allow me to start from the beginning.

Marcus was a personal money manager, and Robert was a neurosurgery surgical assistant, were involved in the hostage scheme. They recruited Paul, a young man with good looks. Paul was a gamer who had an unfortunate past. Marcus rescued and enrolled him in his evil scheme. The sons of Gerald and Hank were victims of these schemes. Gerald and Hank had to offer an enormous sum of money every year to keep them alive. Together with help from INTERPOL, they took the matter into their own hands and went after the criminals who held their sons’ lives at ransom. Will they defeat the sharp-witted and ruthless men or will they become another unfortunate victim of an electronic hostage?

The story is a narrative told from the third-person point of view. The author certainly knows how to captivate her audience and keep us hooked right to the last page. The author managed to explore the innermost thought and fear of the family of hostage victims, though in this case, the fathers. This book is fast-paced and action-packed. I enjoyed the story so much I was yearning for a sequel.

There were many grammatical errors like unnecessary hyphens, even in the middle of a single word. For example, on page 67, Thursday was spelled “Thurs-day.” There were omitted words and unnecessary underlining. Furthermore, there were incorrectly used paragraphs and paragraphs in the middle of the sentence. There were also wrongly placed apostrophes.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The writing style is direct and straightforward, and the book is properly organized. The story is entertaining, but the errors in the writing cannot be ignored. I recommend this book to those who like crime, mystery, and action books. I do not recommend this book to those who are uncomfortable with crime stories.

Indigo Persuasion
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like nikkyteewhy's review? Post a comment saying so!
tanyas33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanyas33.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by tanyas33 »

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the book! I absolutely love mystery novels, especially the ones that can turn on 'detective mode' within the readers with a snap of a finger! The plot of the book seems very rich and deep, and the characters additionally seem very well thought out and dynamic, which is great. Awesome review!
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

I am curious about the title "Indigo Persuasion" does is it have a meaning highlighted in the book? I did a search on google and came up blank. I like the title of the book.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This sounds like a really sophisticated detective thriller as you have said. I am so sorry about the grammatical errors though. Thank you for a superb review.
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

ea_anthony wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 16:29 I am curious about the title "Indigo Persuasion" does is it have a meaning highlighted in the book? I did a search on google and came up blank. I like the title of the book.
No, you won't find the meaning on google, you would have to read the book for that.
Dabuddhababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dabuddhababe.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Dabuddhababe »

Crime action is something that would interest me. The plot to this novel sounds enticing, and the review was nicely detailed.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

I guess I will have to do that.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Suspenseful mysteries are my favorite! I enjoyed your review and will be adding this to my bookshelves. Thanks for the recommendation!
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

[bn=][/bn]
Cecilia_L wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 19:57 Suspenseful mysteries are my favorite! I enjoyed your review and will be adding this to my bookshelves. Thanks for the recommendation!
You are welcome, dear.
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

tanyas33 wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 14:14 I'm so glad that you enjoyed the book! I absolutely love mystery novels, especially the ones that can turn on 'detective mode' within the readers with a snap of a finger! The plot of the book seems very rich and deep, and the characters additionally seem very well thought out and dynamic, which is great. Awesome review!
Thank you so much
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

I absolutely love how you portrayed the plot! It made me really interested in the book and I can't wait to grab my copy. Thank you!
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”