Review by ReadingRob -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReadingRob
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingrob.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by ReadingRob -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by ReadingRob »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Prior to joining OnlineBookClub, I had never heard of Lincoln Cole or Ravens Peak. I won't lie, I judge a book by its cover. If I am intrigued by the cover of your book, I will then take the time to find out what it is about. In the case of Ravens Peak, I am glad the cover caught my eye, as I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

The book starts off with an interesting plot - a depressed man with no direction suddenly finds a new, exciting - yet scary - "hobby". Things quickly go from being exciting in a good way to being exciting in a bad way, at least for the main character. Haatim has recently suffered a huge loss and has returned to the States from his native India with no other thought in mind than to get away from his parents, his father, in particular. He really is completely unsure about what the future holds for him and is trying to figure this out when he is approached by a complete stranger seeking his help.

This stranger will change the course of his life, though he is unaware of that when he agrees to play private detective for George, who insists someone is trying to kill him. At first, things are going well enough. Haatim finally concedes that George is indeed being followed by the woman he claims is following, but Haatim so far has been unable to get any photos that could actually be used to bring charges against this mysterious woman. When time has run out and George is insistent that the photos be given to the police, Haatim decides to go out one last time and get the "money shots" he needs to prove George's case. This is the night that will change Haatim's life forever.

In trying to get his photos, he witnesses a murder and quickly realizes that the people he thinks are responsible are closing in on him. Luckily, for Haatim, he has a "guardian angel" that helps him out of this situation, though she is possibly, if not probably, the cause of even worse situations Haatim finds himself in throughout the rest of the book. Needless to say, the next morning, Haatim's apartment is completely trashed by gunshots, fights, and explosions and he is now on the run from some real danger.

This story has great characters from Haatim and Abigail to Frieda and the cast of supernatural characters introduced throughout. I loved learning and reading about all of them. The descriptions in the book were so good, I could visualize everything. I have pictures in my mind of every character and location, and that made it even more exciting to read. As good as the whole book is, the last 50 pages or so are exceptional. The action really picks up and is practically nonstop. The end has a wonderful cliffhanger, which has me excited to read books 2 and 3 and beyond. Many people do not like cliffhangers, but as long as I know an author is going to complete their story, I am fine with them.

In summation, you should really check this book out; it will be worth your time. I whole-heartedly give this book a 4/4 star rating. There is an interesting plot, very little to no grammatical errors or misspellings, and this book makes you look forward to the next one.

4 out of 4 Stars

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ReadingRob's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”