Official Review: Shadow Saints by M. C. Jackson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: Official Review: Shadow Saints by M. C. Jackson

Post by kdstrack »

nashy14 wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 03:00 I loved the story based on the review. interesting author and the plot of the story makes me want to read more. i want to know if sam can rescue his sister.
When you read the book, you will see how cults work and how they affect the whole family.
Swatrohi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Swatrohi »

Shadow saints by M.C jackson
The plot and title of the story is very interesting. It always creates a sense of drama which makes the reader to be lifted in reality. Sam feels like a tough guy but at the same time soft hearted who wants her sister back at any cost for which he does not hesitate to risk his life. It gives an excellent thought of a book based on drama and fiction..
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Swatrohi wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 02:42 Shadow saints by M.C jackson
The plot and title of the story is very interesting. It always creates a sense of drama which makes the reader to be lifted in reality. Sam feels like a tough guy but at the same time soft hearted who wants her sister back at any cost for which he does not hesitate to risk his life. It gives an excellent thought of a book based on drama and fiction..
The book presents drama on two fronts. Sam wants to rescue his sister and the cult wants to take down the U.S. government. It is an exciting read!
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

I wondered at first if this might be based on a true story.... it certainly sounds like a fascinating tale. I have not read any fiction set within a cult and I think I shall add this one to my bookshelves!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Julie Green wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 14:17 I wondered at first if this might be based on a true story.... it certainly sounds like a fascinating tale. I have not read any fiction set within a cult and I think I shall add this one to my bookshelves!
This is a very well-written novel. The cult and their desire to destroy the U.S government do seem very real. Hope you enjoy the book!
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

I don't know if it's weird but I don't mind the torture and abuse because, especially with a cult suspense, it just fits in. It creates a realness, but I understand that it can become uncomfortable. Loved the review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Emmanuelcent44
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Emmanuelcent44 »

What a great book, the part of making the whole plot seems like reality, it thought on how to care and be your brothers keeper
....I'm going to add this to my shelve..good work to the author
Lu_rire
Currently Reading: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lu-rire.html
Latest Review: Driven by Max Barnet/Hugh Aaron

Post by Lu_rire »

Sam rescues his sister, but is he also able to rescue her mind from the cult's grip? After so many years of brainwashing can she still be saved? This are the key questions to me.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

JR Mercier wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 12:20 I don't know if it's weird but I don't mind the torture and abuse because, especially with a cult suspense, it just fits in. It creates a realness, but I understand that it can become uncomfortable. Loved the review.
Everyone has their own preferences. The way the cult treats its members combined with their plans to take down the government should be just the thing for you!
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie-shelby.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

I also want to know what happens to Sam's sister. Might give this one a shot. Thanks for the review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Bonnie Shelby wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 10:36 I also want to know what happens to Sam's sister. Might give this one a shot. Thanks for the review!
It is well-written novel. Hope you enjoy it!
tinker958
Currently Reading: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by tinker958 »

When dealing with cults Shadow Saints lets you know that we should always be aware of situations where people become involved with something that makes them feel that are a part and have a family that is there for them.

Based on what I have read, religion shouldn’t be called a cult and needs to be identified under another name. I know some religious church do appear to be almost like cults but their basis should be based on the Bible and not a cult claiming to be doing God’s work.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

tinker958 wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 23:12 When dealing with cults Shadow Saints lets you know that we should always be aware of situations where people become involved with something that makes them feel that are a part and have a family that is there for them.

Based on what I have read, religion shouldn’t be called a cult and needs to be identified under another name. I know some religious church do appear to be almost like cults but their basis should be based on the Bible and not a cult claiming to be doing God’s work.
This is true. The author does an excellent of portraying the cult environment as "family". He clearly explains some of the techniques used to attract people to the family and messages of the leader used to motivate new members to remain faithful. Thanks for the excellent comments!
iamramzy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by iamramzy »

This is a fascinating story with intriguing characters, i would like know what happens next if Sam was able find his sister. This will be a good read for me. its very dope
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

iamramzy wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 13:09 This is a fascinating story with intriguing characters, i would like know what happens next if Sam was able find his sister. This will be a good read for me. its very dope
Hope you enjoy this book. It will keep you interested right to the end!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”