Official Review: Front Runner by Geoffrey Moehl II

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Re: Official Review: Front Runner by Geoffrey Moehl II

Post by JR Mercier »

bclayton13 wrote: 01 Jul 2018, 07:46 This sounds more like a comedy, and the cover definitely made me laugh. I could enjoy this one now that I know what I’m getting into. Thanks!
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I really should've guessed the book was more comedy by the cover but the blurb was so serious. But I do hope you enjoy it.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

mac83 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 11:01 I loved reading your review of this book. The description of the main character makes the book sound like it could be a good read; however, after reading the rest of the review it might be one I'll be skipping. It is always a downfall when you think you'll be reading one thing and it turns out to be another, but that's just how some books go. Thank you for such an in depth review!
It sucks, doesn't it? I had such high hopes for this one but alas, it was not meant to be. Thank you for the kind comment. :tiphat:
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

ParadoxicalWoman wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 11:02 Oh no that innocence robbed away from Larry by the mafia. I would like to read more. There's ringing of truth behind this phrase, "Grass is not always greener on the other side" which can also serve as moral lesson to readers. It's okay to be ambitious but don't be quick to believe with things too good to be true. Thank you for your review in this.
Get rich quick schemes very rarely work out. Being ambitious is good but don't become consumed by it. And the innocence being taken away was very sad. Thank you for the thoughtful comment.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”