Review by HGreenfield04 -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
HGreenfield04
Currently Reading: Nerd Gone Wild
Bookshelf Size: 2123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hgreenfield04.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Review by HGreenfield04 -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by HGreenfield04 » 25 Jun 2018, 00:16

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is a love story that transcends time and space. Fioretta attends a party with Leonardo da Vinci, where she meets Giuliano. Giuliano is betrothed to another woman until he meets Fioretta. As soon as he sets eyes on Fioretta, he knows his heart is lost. The two marry each other in secret intending to have their own happily-ever-after.

Gerhard is working as a German Officer in the Uffizi Gallery in 1944 Florence when he meets Sophia. They believe nothing will be able to stop the love that they have for each other. As they run away to the countryside with a lost Leonardo da Vinci painting.

In 2018, Angela began having visions of Fioretta and her missing wedding portrait. One day Angela meets Alex, who specializes in finding missing pieces of art. The two set off on a journey through the ages, finding love and history along the way.

I genuinely enjoyed the past life aspect of this book. The author captivated each of the time periods with amazing detail. The Renaissance period, WWII, as well as the present, manifest in the pages of this book through the lives and loves of each of the characters. Each memory is associated with a specific item or location, making it much easier to follow along as the story progresses. Belle Ami performed a superb job intertwining the stories without becoming a tangled mess.

There is plenty of suspense and mystery in this book, but I would designate it romance over all else. I mean you have three sets of couples throughout this book. I loved each couple and the struggles they face. The love between each of them as they face an uncertain future is palpable and breathtaking. There are times when the scenes are so moving you find yourself hurting, laughing, and loving right along with the characters. Not to mention the steamy love scenes that cause you to fan yourself from the heat.

The only complaint I have is I wanted more stories from the past life characters. Belle Ami gives plenty of details, but the stories were so captivating that I wish they had their own novels. Belle Ami performed a marvelous job bringing Leonardo da Vinci to life that I became enthralled with reading his parts. Not only as the artist but as the man who stood by Fioretta’s side through everything.

I would give this book a four out of four-star rating. I loved so much about this book that I am sure I could go on and on. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good historical romance.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like HGreenfield04's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”